Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Yeah that is a scary amount of windscreen surround rust.

I suggest one little step at a time as little repairs/steps are easier and once completed motivational :)
Pete

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thoughts after photo's

Ok pictures say so much more than words.
how I would tackle this...is you need to get a cup-wire-wheel or just a get a flap wheel and sand off all the filler around the cowl and all the rust you can see.
If you haven't bought an angle grinder yet (although I am sure you have looking at that rotisserie!) get one now and start griding away that rust, you won't be making it worse ;)

Then new pictures and we can advise.
You can't tell the full extent of the damage, so any advice on fixing might be incorrect depending on the extend of the rust/damage.

My .02.
Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Post-blasting Update!

I know it's been a while, but we've finally started to uncover this poor Alfa's warts. Admittedly, it's pretty bad. We asked the blaster to concentrate on areas without significant known issues, avoiding the sills and the front and rear clips (which are fully coated in filler). As you can see in the pictures, we found sloppy repairs at each corner coated in a quarter inch of filler. We've applied a coat of epoxy primer and are now assessing options on straightening the frame before getting going on the floor pans/rockers/sills. Onward!

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts