Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1974 GTV Rear Side Window "Kink" Trim

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RWayneRogers 
#1 ·
I'm reassembling my 1974 GTV. I have these two trim pieces that I am having trouble figuring out how they should be installed. The Inner/shinier of the two parts is pretty straight forward. It goes inside and covers the end of the top and bottom trim parts.

But the smaller peace I'm struggling with. Do any of you have a picture handy or can you take one of yours installed? I've included two shots of the exterior and interior where I'm sure they go. I'm just not sure how to install that second part.

Metal
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Glass Window Auto part
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm reassembling my 1974 GTV. I have these two trim pieces that I am having trouble figuring out how they should be installed. The Inner/shinier of the two parts is pretty straight forward. It goes inside and covers the end of the top and bottom trim parts.

But the smaller peace I'm struggling with. Do any of you have a picture handy or can you take one of yours installed? I've included two shots of the exterior and interior where I'm sure they go. I'm just not sure how to install that second part.

View attachment 1603549 View attachment 1603550 View attachment 1603551

Attachments

#3 ·
The flat piece should have a screw hole matching the larger outer"C" piece. The flat piece is inserted inside the upper and lower trim pieces. The outer piece then screws into the inner piece. It sort of acts like a vice to hold the "C " piece in place.
Cheers, Jon

#4 ·
Jon. Thank you for the reply and picture.

These parts came off this car as they are. There is no hole in the second/flatter part. But as you've stated it, that assembly approach makes sense since I'm not able to get the larger/inside "c" to slide back far enough to get to the metal body where I thought it was meant to be secured.

Would you be able to get a picture from outside the car looking at the smaller/flatter "c"?

Thanks,

Wayne

#6 ·
The piece without a hole serves as a backup to the polished "C" on the inside and by screwing a #3 or thereabouts machine screw through and into the backup piece the polished piece in drawn tightly on top of the two channel moldings. Just be sure to not drill the hole too big for the machine screw you use. It's easy to think the screw that hold the polished piece in place goes into the car body sheetmetal but it when installed properly will just miss the chassis sheetmetal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.