Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1974 GTV, this is a California car, picked it up about 3yrs ago, car is now located in Orlando,Florida, has a clean California title.

Previous owner was in the process of installing an 82 Spider engine complete with fuel injection in it when I bought it, got the car running within the first week. It runs with no problems.

I have installed Alfa 2 piece exhaust manifold with main center section and straight pipe . The main center section and straight pipe were purchased new from Centerline.

It has Original Seats and carpet. Door panels will need to be replaced, the car has a 1750 Dash that is need of some work or I maybe able to locate an 2000GTV dash.

Car has been painted about 1year and a half ago, there a few imperfections in the paint and I have spoken to the body shop about this and they told me to bring it back when I have time.Car has never been o the road.The previous owner had a little bender on the right rear, but this has been taken care of.It has new Falken 205/60/14 tires on it and BWA wheels .

There are new sport springs from Centerline and Bilsten shocks installed.Bumpers are installed

I have a factory A/C unit for it and a few spares.

Here is what I originally planned to do with the car was to install a TwinSpark Engine in the car.

After some lenghty Discussions with Jim Steck I bought a TwinSpark head from him that was modified to fit a standard US Alfa 4 Cylinder block. Also I have a Distributor from him also that would facilitate the 8 Plugs.I also have connecting Rods and Shank Nuts to bolt the head to the block.

The Reason for doing the project this way was to eliminate the problems of the Pilot hole in the Crank, and to keep the parts list to a minnium.

Main Items I would have needed to finish the project were TwinSpark Pistons and a new set of liners. Exhaust Manifold and Intake Manifold and Carbs.

I have a Crank and Block and a few other items that I bought for this project.

Will post some pics later this week, Twinspark head and Distributor are in Miami will try and pick those up this weekend.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts