Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Work on the left hand side has begun. As the floor board edges were quite rusty I decided to make new ones for the entire length of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I like how you decided to properly restore your GTV. I really do not believe that there is any rust free Alfa and old cars rust from inside out. I will post how sections of my 1961 Sprint Veloce were recently replaced and the car was always garaged in Southern California except for one year.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
When doing rust repair work it is important to meassure twice and cut once. I had a brain fart and forgot to do so when repairing the B pillar section.... :eek:hmy:

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
You took on a big task! Congratulations to your dedication and good work. Look forward to see the end result which shoould be soon if you keep your pace.

Cheers
Sig

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the kind words Sig.

I finished the left side front corner floor board repair. At this point I am ready to start working on all the outer panels and the trunk floor. The project is progressing faster than I had expected at this point. I have started feeling comfortable with fabricating work, which is probably the reason why.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 85 Posts