Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily driver '74 Berlina. I drive it around town and to work, up to 65mph. Visually, not perfect, but starts/runs well. Solid candidate for resto. or autocross. These are getting harder to find.

(PS: Parts car and/or tons of extra parts available for GTV or Berlina). Prefer Cash or Bank check. And I'll help you with shipping. Best offer around $3,500.
Thanks for looking,
Richard
[email protected]
913-481-3142
More pics at: Flickr: boxyberlina's Photostream

GOOD>>>
Only 77K miles
Nice campy Turbinas with Yokos
Complete inside/out
A/C with all equipement (not running)
Sliding sunroof
Relatively rust free, see pics
PO lowered with aftermarket springs/shocks
PO added very throaty, great-sounding exhaust
Tons of extra parts avail: chrome bumpers, extra 2L engine, extra set of Turbinas, interior trim, lights, etc.
Centrally located in KC area, convenient to both coasts
Garage kept
Lights, heat, CD radio, gauges all work

BAD>>>
Needs paint
Needs new headliner
Needs new microswitch on SPICA
Needs sunroof weatherstripping
Needs wiper motor
Couple dash cracks and seat tears

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not a spider, but I am interested in trading up to a GTV or Giulia. If anyone is ready to sell either and interested in starting a Berlina project this Spring, let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still available. I've gotten a few calls and emails, but this is a great chance to get a decent driver or good resto Berlina. You can find a spider or GTV for sale any time, but not one of these:)

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,870 Posts
Any interest in selling the chrome bumpers separately?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have someone interested in the car, and might include them with the sale. Should know more in a couple days. I will keep you posted. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drove around town with her this weekend running errands, soaking up the sun. She is still chill'in in my garage. Starts up on the first turn.
Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bumpers are yours if you want them. If so, just send me a PM with your email addr and i will shoot a pic to you. I cleaned out the garage this weekend, took pics of everything and will post a link to them in the next day or two in the Alfa parts for sale section.
- Richard

·
Premium Member
23,887 Posts
Can you post pictures of the sunroof, inside and out? It's a metal sliding sunroof, not a fabric/plastic/pintoesque one? Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrew, you should be able to see some additional picks on my flickr page at Flickr: boxyberlina's Photostream

If there's a specific area, I can take some additional shots. See image 35 for inside of sunroof. It is a metal roof, same color as paint, and the trim around the opening says Wesbasto. Looks original. Here's the scoop from Alfa on this Berlina...

>>>>>>
Dear Mister Mancinelli,
With reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 3001922 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 2000 Berlina USA (115.00), manufactured on the 7th May 1974 and sold on the 14th May 1974 to Alfa Romeo Englewood Cliffs, U.S.A.

The body colour is metallic light grey, with black tex interiors.

Yours, Sincerely,
Marco Fazio
Tel. +39 02 444 29 115
Mob +39 334 62 95 381
Fax +39 02 444 28 152
[email protected]
Automobilismo Storico Alfa Romeo
Centro Direzionale
Viale Alfa Romeo
20020 Arese (MI) Italy

·
Premium Member
23,887 Posts
Thanks, I'll look. I'm pushing this car on a local guy who has despairs of finding a Giulia at a reasonable price, and I'm trying to convince me this Berlina is the next best thing.

I'd forgotten this is Fred Shufflebarger's old car from LA. I first saw this car 10+ years ago at an AROSC swap meet in Culver City. Wish I'd looked more closely then (smiley).

Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, need to make room, so the price is dropping. If you've always wanted an affordable Berlina driver (or know someone who does), let me know. via PM.

I will entertain offers, include lots of parts and work with you on shipping from KC area. Pick up zip code is 66210.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts