Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for a wiring diagram, if you would be so kind as to send me one via private message I will keep it private- thank you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK- Barring anyone sending me the diagram (hasn't happened yet, but I am patient) Here is a pic of the suspect wires:

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
OK- Barring anyone sending me the diagram (hasn't happened yet, but I am patient) Here is a pic of the suspect wires:

View attachment 1657871

Picture didn't come through...

Ok, that's weird: the link doesn't work on the original post but does when I quote it. So now I can see the picture...

As far as the cut wires, these are for the center console molex plug. I'll look for a picture and post.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for jumping in- I did get the diagram and it is for the seatbelt interlock. WHY would the PO just cut it instead of making a neat adapter? Ugh. Maybe they just got super annoyed.

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
[QUOTE="dsnyder586, post: 8592098, member:seatbelt interlock. WHY would the PO just cut it ......Ugh. Maybe they just got super annoyed.
[/QUOTE]
Very likely ! It was I believe a 74 only thing that literally was a big pita and the govt finally realized that too😂

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
130 Posts
If you can, have a look at some of my discussion history and look for 1974 specific discussions. I have taken advantage of this 1 year only seatbelt interlock using the underhood relay to operate the starter rather than put the solenoid current through the ignition switch. I also changed up the wiring to the fuel pump and found a 2 spot blade fuse holder that fits really nicely where the old fuel pump fuse holder was. As for a wiring diagram, contact Ossodesephia (I may have spelled it wrong) and ask about Papajam wiring diagrams. I understand that Papajam passed away but Ossodesepha (cuttlefish bone) is the curator of his really nice wire diagrams.

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
130 Posts
I found this somewhere, it appears to be out of the owners manual. Hope it helps until you can get a Papajam original. The cutoff wires went to the item identified as 30 in the diagram. Look over at item 16 it is a 1 year only relay under the hood by the coil that was controlled by 30. Note that 2 wires are connected together at the cutoff wires. They should be "N-V" (Nero verde) and "N-R" (Nero rosso) these are the only really important wires in that group of wires. "N-V should go to item 16 and "N-R" should go to to the ignition switch item 66. Have a look at the coil and see if you have a ballast resistor. If you do not, see if there is a solid green wire around the coil. Check the ignition switch and see if there is a solid green wire connected to the "16" terminal or just hanging out around there. Check for continuity between the 2 green wires. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED. If you do not have a ballast resistor of if you are planning to use a non ballast set up, remove the green wire from terminal 16 on the ignition switch and replace the wire on terminal "50" with it. Next remove the green wire from the coil and replace the "N-V wire on item 16. Now the "N-V" and the "N-R" wires are redundant as well. If you want, you can remove all of the wires that were part of the cut off 15 pin connector most go to multi connectors in the harness. Just be aware that you might want to leave the red wire going to the fuse box, pink wire going to the instruments & white wire going to the "Fasten Seatbelt" light for future use. I'm planning to use the red wire to feed the radio and install a timer between the pink and white wires to light up the Fasten Seatbelt light when you start the car. I have other plans as well such as using the key buzzer connections in the ignition switch to control a relay so you don't have to shut everything down like an aircraft when you turn the car off.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts