Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im giving up on my project car, bought an Audi Gt coupe for everyday driving and need to make room in the garage. The car is has some real bad rust issues, but it runs ok, roughly but when its warm it goes alright. Trunk is ripped out and it has a fuel cell in a welded in frame I made. Rockers are shot and it needs all new sheet metal all the way around, even the rear panel for the taillights. Fairly complete I think its great for parts or a real sadistic type of mechanic who has a lot of time on their hands, includes lots of extra pieces, trunklid, trim and suspension from my previous spiders, car is located in Santa Maria, Ca, if you need to see it let me know. If you want pics just ask. $800 obo.

Jake 805.720.3657

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price reduction on 74 spider for sale

Ok, Since Ive had no inquiries, In the spirit of XMAS Im dropping the price $100, to $700. I dont want to part this car out, Just want someone to pick it up. Lots of extra parts included!!! I have pics too.

any ?s ask me here, OK

Jake

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Jake,
1974 is a desirable year, even if a project. I think if you uploaded the pictures here, you would generate some excitement. Whenever there is rust involved, people really want to see what they may be getting into. I know it would only take a request to you to get pictures, but to many that's showing serious interest, and usually there is serious interest after seeing pictures, not before.

Best regards,

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow!

I had to check some old pictures, but I am now pretty certain that I used to own this car around 1990 when I lived in the Bay area. I bought it from a guy in San Carlos for ~$1500 and it had the black rocker covers that were hiding some minor rust bubbles! The old picture also shows the pinstriping and the rear mud flaps!. I recall that it had a foam-covered aftermarked steering wheel and an Alfetta center grill when I sold it. Thanks for posting the pictures. It brought back wonderful memories of driving down the Pacific Coast highway between Pescadero and Santa Cruz on weekends. I am on the east coast now and own 10 Alfas, including a red '71 that is free from rust. I hope someone will save this car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I bought the car from a guy who got it in trade for some work he did, it was parked in a kmart parking lot and had a sign that said " On ebay $6000.00" I thought it was a little overpriced, talked him down a bit. Car was running way too rich and was stuck there so made a tool to set the FI at a reasonable mixture so I could get it home

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
What do RD400s sell for these days?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, Here I go again, another price drop to $600, If I dont sell this car Its going on ebay, and If it doesnt sell there Im getting a sawzall and cutting it into little pieces, after salvaging the good bits of course.

Jake

·
Registered
9 Posts
have you sold this car? in one of the pics I see rust around the headlight can you tell me if this is on the passenger or driver side

·
Registered
64 Posts
Darn it! I wish you were closer, as I've been looking for a project like this one. I had a yellow '74 that had lived it's life in the Bay Area, and was similarly rusted out and wouldn't pass smog. I sold it to save a '69 BMW 2002 that had rear end damage but was otherwise quite nice and unmolested. I ended up moving back to the Chicago area with both of my 2002s, sold the one with rear end damage, and have several later BMWs some of which are junkyard escapees. Sadly, the yellow Alfa was apparently junked by the guy wh bought it, as I tried to track it down last year.

No, I'm not afraid of driving it back in winter (done that with 2002s) but sadly don't have the room at the moment. And I know where there are some decent shells nearby...

I'm not gonna sleep good tonight...especially if it's not sold.

vince

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok its for sale again, I need more room and I am never going to be able to get to it and finish it, any takers?? $$600

thanks for looking,

Jake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts