Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the Giulia 105 series chassis, the Spyder was launched at the 36th Geneva Motor Show in March 1966. Unamed at the launch, the name "Duetto" was chosen in a write-in competition in Italy. In 1970 the first significant change to the exterior styling was introduced, with a more conventional cut-off tail called the "Kamm Tail". 1971 saw the Spyder Veloce get a new, larger powerplant - a 1962cc unit producing 132bhp. It's called the 2000, and they made it for decades.

This sweet Spyder has only 38,000 on the motor and it is totally solid with a beautiful blue paintjob and fabulous contrasting crimson maroon seats. Accented with a black top and interior componentry, this is an excellent driver example of this car. With the super-desirable stainless bumpers, which happened to be offered for the last time during the 1974 model year, this is a rare chance to acquire a thrilling car to own and drive that looks as good parked as it does chicanes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
uh..

Are these Seattle-area cars?
What is your asking price on the "Spyder"? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Previously bid to $8,100 on eBay, reserve not met.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I love how the first paragraph is a "history" of the body style...does the seller realize this is alfabb.com?

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Does anyone know the meaning of this made-up word as used in this ad:
"componentry" I couldnt find it in any of my hard copy or online dictionaries!
(come on Cheryl your the expert, help me out here) ;)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Judging from the description, it sounds more like an Alpha Spyder rather than the Spiders that we all know and love!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Car seems remarkably stock and I'd actually like to see it. Sure wouldn't bid without personal close inspection in this case. Perhaps Evan will bring this one to the April Swap meet in Portland, where he's brought down Alfas in the past. GTV is spelled correctly on his website even if spider isn't. Cosmopolitan Motors, LLC - Cars

One has to wonder where some of the prices come from. While $12K seems okay for a decent Alfa, $80k for a shabby Matchless? I got under $1000 for my old G80CS after I rebuilt it in the 70's. They are not that collectable!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is it me or is that the wrong rear bumper? Looks like a '71 bumper with the '74 rubber?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, it's an earlier rear bumper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Componentry"

Does anyone know the meaning of this made-up word as used in this ad:
"componentry" I couldnt find it in any of my hard copy or online dictionaries!
(come on Cheryl your the expert, help me out here) ;)
Sarah Palin must be writing copy for Cosmopolitan Motors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts