Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'74 Alfa parts car or project for only the most inveterate masochist.

Since there are only 5 digits on the O, I cannot ensure actual mileage is 36,492 or 136,492.. or 236 for that matter! On a serious note, the vehicle was garaged for over a decade so it's quite possibly the accurate mileage of engine.

Engine turns over but I couldn't get a spark.

-Body is straight, including panels and doors. Inside needs a lot of work-- floors, sills, rockers.
-Suspension/brakes/rotors have been removed. Will have to be dollyed out.
-I cleaned/replaced the fuel system from end to end, including SPICA injectors. New fuel pump, hoses etc.

I have extra parts I can include in the package, including front and rear bumpers in ok shape. Brand new 123 ignition available as well (w/preloaded curves).

Rear end and transmission are not included, nor the soft top. They will be going in my '71 body with 24V and Larry Jr's kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.
IMG_7584.jpeg IMG_7585.jpeg IMG_7586.jpeg IMG_7587.jpeg IMG_7588.jpeg IMG_7589.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Suspension/brakes/rotors have been removed. Will have to be dollyed out. Rear end ... not included...
I'm not a prospective buyer for your '74, so I'm certainly not negotiating with you. But if I were you, I'd leave that rear end on the car.

- With neither front nor rear wheels, it's going to be awfully hard for someone to transport it. If this were a 6C 2800, then sure, someone would go to the trouble. But for an incomplete '74 spider? You're making it awfully hard for the buyer.

- A 4.56 differential won't work all that well in a V6 conversion. You really need a 4.11 from a late spider, or better still, one from an automatic spider (and yes, those are rare).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard. Understood on all counts. Yes, a 4.1 is on my radar as the ideal, but since my '71 lacks LSD and I wouldn't be doing too much long distance driving I figured the 4.56 would suffice.. for now. Just thought I'd cast the lure for some intrepid individual. If I don't get any bites I could swap the 71's suspension, etc as it nears that stage, and make this baby roll again.. on 1 Cromodora Turbina and 3 Campagnolos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts