Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads-up to the AlfaBB GTV community that my 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV race car is up for sale if you know anyone who is interested. Will pay 1/2 shipping in the lower 48US for AlfaBB members. Last raced at 2019 SVRA VIR Gold Cup. The #4 is competitive, well balanced and a complete blast to drive. She's earned a quickest in Group3 (40+cars) qualifying lap, in the wet, at The Glen, an Enduro class win at VIR and a Jefferson 500 sprint race podium finish. For nearly a decade #4 has been pampered by one of the very best vintage Alfa Romeo mechanics, and retired SCCA racers, on the East Coast. No, the nose is not vinyl. It's professionally painted, as is the entire car.

Price is negotiable. Happy to provide a detailed parts list. Mobile: 703.304.0076

@Hemmings: 1974 Alfa Romeo for sale #2445588 - Hemmings Motor News

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Realizing the driver is the most important factor, how does this car do against Besic’s, Vince Vaccaro’s, and Jim Measenger’s 2 liter GTV’s ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Realizing the driver is the most important factor, how does this car do against Besic’s, Vince Vaccaro’s, and Jim Measenger’s 2 liter GTV’s ?
Vince is a dear friend I've paddocked with often, and a **** good driver whom I'll probably be sharing a cold "Captain Lawrence" beer and cigar later this weekend. He's also got one of the quickest GTV's in vintage racing, pushing at least 25-30% more HP than #4. Plus, he's running Hoosiers with wider mm rear tires, larger carbs, etc. Whenever I spy Vince in my sights at the finish, I know I've driven the wheels off of #4, as she's wrapped in stock ATE calipers, breathing Weber 40's, and running 205/50/15 R888's and pushing maybe... 40-50hp above stock. If I'm a second or two a lap off of one of the smoothest drivers in vintage racing, I'm happy as a clam. Does that answer your question? Please feel free to call me if you'd like greater insight (703.304.0076)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Thank you,
Sounds like you have a really well sorted car that could use another 50-60HP to be at the front of the GTV pack (ignoring the driver’s skill). If you are on 40DCOE’s
rather than 45’s, it is a sign there’s more hp to be had.

FWIW, I saw Vince’s motor headed out a door for some winter development work... maybe he will tell you how much more he hopes to get ...

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
But, I think this car is worth every penny being asked. Looks to me like a pro level build and not quickly hacked up ex-street car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts