Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 that has just finished being restored. Not a ground up but body, paint, interior, all rubbers, fixed all electrical on and on. No, I do not have pictures readily available as I used a cheap throw away camera but will provide if someone is truly interested. I will get a friend to take some pictures. I would rather discuss on the phone all that has been done --- so call me at 1-310-331-7424 if you would like to discuss. The price 22,000.00. Thank you for the listing. Southern California.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Some pics could spark interest....:eek::D;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
More details too - color, condition of motor, miles etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
74 Alfa

Working on the pictures ---but will address the questions --- again calling much better then e-mail--- The color is burgundy, full respray, all glass was removed, all new seals, all new interior - black interior, all gages repaired, original radio repaired including cassete. Tran and motor rebuilt by last owner approx.30k on each. All electrical works, starter/alt./fuel pump rebuilt. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great looking car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have to admit that with the slight delay in sending pictures i was not expecting to see such a sweet example. I love them in maroon. I will be in the market to purchase my first in about a year. Wish i was ready now as your car is just what i will be looking for. Good luck with the sale, it must be tough to let her go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gtv

The fellow BBer that called on Friday please call again and this time leave your telephone number clearly--your cell phone was breaking up. And yes I would take 20K for the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am selling a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 that has just finished being restored. Not a ground up but body, paint, interior, all rubbers, fixed all electrical on and on. No, I do not have pictures readily available as I used a cheap throw away camera but will provide if someone is truly interested. I will get a friend to take some pictures. I would rather discuss on the phone all that has been done --- so call me at 1-310-331-7424 if you would like to discuss. The price 22,000.00. Thank you for the listing. Southern California.
Is this car still avaliable?
If so, what is the top offer ?
I am a long time GTV owner and I am looking for a fine example.
Thanks
Herb

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
74 gtv

1974 Alfa Romeo Repairs
Trunk
Rust was removed from the trunk area and re-sprayed. The spare tire area was sanded and primed and then treated with chassis undercoating. Trunk boards were re-done to cover the spare tire. The original side boards are there as well as the original wool carpet verified by a few moth holes

Gas Tank
The gas tank was removed, all rust fixed and the entire tank sealed. The original fuel sending unit was rebuilt and recalibrated. -. New stainless steel hardware installed

Fuel Pump
The fuel pump was rebuilt and new rubber isolators were installed.

Fuel Hoses
All rubber fuel hoses were replaced with new ones.

Rear Suspension
Rear suspension was replaced shocks and springs by Red IAP Koni/Spring Package

Rear Tires
New rear tires

Brakes
Stainless steel brake lines installed

Rear Lights
Rear lights were replaced new bulbs and new banjo connectors. Also, used Ferrari 308 license lights to replace the old painted over license lights.

License Holder
Rear License holder bead blaster and painted

Rear Bumper
Rear bumper removed de-dinged and polished. New hardware installed

Antenna
New antenna installed – manual

Jack and Tools
Jack sanded and repainted same for the tools and a new tool pouch

Exhaust Systems
Totally redone – removed a section as it was too loud - Stainless exhaust except where the section had been removed - installed an aluminized pipe.

Rear Differential
Fluid removed and replaced with new fluid.

Interior
Total interior replaced with black ---- not following the boring pattern of the original design. New headliner and yes the windows were all removed to do the job correctly. The door panels are out thin gage plywood and marine varnished to prevent warpage. The plastic chrome handles were re-chromed at an extremely expensive procedure. Rear shelf totally redone and recovered.

Dash
Sent out to have the dash totally refurnished. Did not reinstall the wood finish.

Gages
Sent out all gages, cleaned, recalibrated, and polished. The binnacle does not have the broken ears as many do.

Becker radio
Rebuilt including the cassette deck.

Seat Belts
New front seat belts. Did not install rear seat belts.

Interior lights
Did not re-install the interior lights on the side post. So no side post interior lights.

Center Console
Center console re-done all switches and lights work including the lighter.

Heater Core
Heater core redone –new shut-off valve –manual valve under dash for a cleaner looking center console look. All new hoses and grommets. No windshield defroster tubing.

Windshield Washer
Original bag - not connected.

Heater Fan
Heater fan rebuilt

Windows
All windows tinted. All new rubber gaskets around the windows. All windows functional.

Engine
Rebuilt 30K, rebuilt radiator/starter/alternator, new ignition, new speedo cable, new tach cable, see past owners repairs

Battery
New battery

Fuel Pressure (SPICA) Override Switch
Installed override switch

Transmission
Rebuilt 30K see owners past comments

Front Bumper
Polished, de-dinged and installed new hardware

Front Lights
Hella Driving lights/Bosch Fog lights

Front Grill
New front grill

Front tires
New front tires

Front suspension
IAP Red Koni shocks and springs

Lug Nuts
All new lug nuts

Total Repaint
All rust removed panels cut were needed, painted original 1974 color

Floor Boards
Both floor boards removed, replaced and resealed, including dynamat covered

Brake/Clutch pedals
New brake/clutch pedal coverings

All issues addressed and fixed.

*All above information backed by receipts from present and past owners.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Beauty! And extremely well priced, compared to what you get for $5000 less.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts