Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm completing a steering box replacement and noticed that there are a couple of wires that got disconnected under the dash and I can't seem to find where they go. Wires are located by the steering column. It's a White/Black (possibly gry/blk) wire and black wire connected together with a double spade connection(see image).

Appreciate any input.

Thanks

download.jpeg

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
do the indicators work?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I would ask if anyone on the board has one of Papajam's (RIP) colored pdf wiring diagrams for your car that they could send by email to you. They are not to be posted on the board, but are available from members who have one. Mine is from 1969 Series 1 car, so probably would not help you. The only two conductor connector I see near the column on mine is for the dash light switch and the heater blower switch. All those wires are yellow.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,197 Posts
On a GTV white/black is typically lights under the dimmer, and black is obviously ground. So I don't think those two should be connected to each other.

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
58 Posts
I recently delt with this. According to the schematic that I have, the black wire goes to the turn signal switch and the white and black wire goes to the hazard switch. They are connected together and go to the flasher "C" or "L" connection.

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
that's why I asked do indicators work
;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys. I got a wiring diagram and see the area in question. I am not in a position to check the indicator yet as several things are disconnected. I did have an issue with blowing fuses on the indicator prior to taking on the steering box swap.

I'll have a chance to investigate all of this during the weekend.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts