Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
That looks great. You know you’ve been tinkering too much when you can look at a bare wiring harness and say “Ah, there’s the center console lights/switch branch!”

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks great, yes. But for 2,5kUS$ they'd better. Especially since:

"Prices include installation of customer provided fuse panels. ( customer provided fuse panel MUST be clean, and ready to install)
Fuse panel cleaning and restoration services can be provided at additional cost of $150.00 and consist of complete panel restoration including a new board on a sandblasted and painted bracket."

and if for some reason you need to return it:

"30% RESTOCKING FEE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE"

Why are these 4x the cost of: https://www.alfaholics.com/parts/105-series/electrical/alfaholics-wiring-looms/

?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wonder whether it is b

"Prices include installation of customer provided fuse panels. ( customer provided fuse panel MUST be clean, and ready to install)
Fuse panel cleaning and restoration services can be provided at additional cost of $150.00 and consist of complete panel restoration including a new board on a sandblasted and painted bracket."

Why are these 4x the cost of: https://www.alfaholics.com/parts/105-series/electrical/alfaholics-wiring-looms/

?
I am not sure but wonder whether it is because one loom looks original and the cheaper one does not. I think it is a good example of getting what you pay for...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Osso and others- the descriptive terms may not be those in the parts manuals but I can assure all this company provides excellent quality individually constructed wiring harnesses based on the old harness you send as an example- no fits-all, cut it to fit, paint it to match projects. Also, individual modifications to specific requirements can be accomodated after consultation.
Having personally witnessed the construction process, the quality of the materials involved, and the finished product I can say that it is indeed a true example of you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Warning!!! This might be too graphic and economically devastating for some audiences. I received this video of an Alfa Romeo 1971 GTV from a source who, after receiving the new loom, was at a complete loss. Wrong wires, wrong colors, and wrong lengths. Just to point out the obvious. You be the judge, Quality does not cost, it pays!!!!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think this post is better suited in the Classifieds Parts for Sale section...
How is comparing one product vs another can be considered a sale? I am nor selling anything just outlining the difference in the quality of my wire looms from the other ones available elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe so. The poster does not want to offer additional information about which cars the harness is meant for. It just appears to be a big tease.
How it is a tease? This wire loom is either for the US or Europen Version All my looms are custom made and not a pick off the shelve kind of item.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I have used many Lionel's wiring harness for various Alfa restorations and would recommend them over other wiring harness.

·
Registered
878 Posts
wel I purchased a wiring loom for a 1750 mk1 (euro specs´) in the UK last week, the loom was badly made, the wires went to the wrong places plus the wires where to thin, I,ve send that video to Lionel after he pointed out about the problem of the wiring looms made in the UK (like i´m not the first one having problems with them and the seller knows about it!!!! an even so they sell you the loom)
I´ve sice remade my own the wiring but if a I´ve to count time and materials I will come out to 2500$ of costs, so Lionel´s wiring looms are perect in price and in everything else (no afiliation with the seller, just my own experience)

·
Out of the office!
11,640 Posts
I don't see any posts about the quality or Lionel's wire harnesses. From the looks of the first video, the harness appears to be well made with all of the correct terminals and connectors.

His first post points to a page from which you can order a harness. So, it looks like an ad to me. The description says "1973 GTV". It doesn't say if it is for a European or US model.

In my previous post, I stated that he did not show any pictures of another vendors harness. I was wrong in stating that as the second video says "The competitors wire harness". For that, I am sorry.

·
Registered
878 Posts
post #3 from @sebastiaan states something about the quality and the price,so your wrong again, and idd your answering yourself, if it looks wel made is becouse its wel made

Why are these 4x the cost of: Alfaholics Wiring Looms

?
I don't see any posts about the quality or Lionel's wire harnesses. From the looks of the first video, the harness appears to be well made with all of the correct terminals and connectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts