Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Any suggestions or tricks for removing the front bumper on a 73 GTV? Does removal require that the back panel be removed? (The panel can be seen in the front of wheel well).

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
You will have to remove that cover if I remember correctly. The bolt that runs through the over-rider has a nut just behind that cover. The front bumper has bolts that can't turn, with a nut on the inside of the car, and the rear the bolts just turn out, as there's a threaded hole in the body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will have to remove that cover if I remember correctly. The bolt that runs through the over-rider has a nut just behind that cover. The front bumper has bolts that can't turn, with a nut on the inside of the car, and the rear the bolts just turn out, as there's a threaded hole in the body.
Hi Jethro,
Your post was great and helped me to remove the bumpers. Thank you.
Are there small rubber bumper pads to screw into the old holes for the back and the holes in the front?
Classis alfa has small lights that fit into the wire holes to serve as directionals in fron. I would like to fill the threaded holes in the back as well as the old bolt holes in front. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts