Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to mount my Berlina Rear bumper. I repaired one damaged bumper block and made the one missing bumperette block. My question is on mounting the 2 main bolts. What goes on the back side of the body sheet metal before putting the nut on the bolt? A simple washer, or some kind of plate?

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Andrew. I think I'll use a big washer and a lock nut.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, got the bumper on and working on the rest of the rear trim...license plate lights and bracket. Below and to the right of the black license plate light bracket there are 2 small holes for a trim, or script piece. What goes there on a 1973 Berlina?

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
Should say 2000 on the left of the plate, Iniezione to the right.
See pic. This is a 74 converted to stainless bumpers, but I'd think the badging is the same as a 73. I looked through my pics and couldn't find a good rear image of a true stainless-bumper car.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any holes to the left of the license plate, only to the right. They may have been there at one time, but not now. Thanks for the pic:)

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
Could be just the 2000 goes on the right. On Euro cars, it appears the displacement is on the right. All my pics, strangely, are of US 74s, no clear ones of earlier cars. It also could be the Iniezione glues on, no pins. That's how it is on 2000 GTVs.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
US cars do not have the 2000 script at all. It must have been an add-on by someone. The Iniezione script has 3 pins, same as the GTV.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2000 script, but the holes don't line up with with the pins. I think it's the one for the dash.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
rear pic

See pic of 73 Berlina

Attachments

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pic:) It's been over 5 years since I took mine apart and we moved since then. I seem to remember an "Iniezione", but haven't come across it yet:)

I'm hoping to have the Berlina ready for a trip to Toronto for the convention next year.
It will never be a show piece, but looks decent. I'm building a SPICA engine for it, some electrical issues to sort out and a leaky windshield.

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
All my several 74s had the 2000, and I doubt each individual owner added it in the same place. But that doesn't mean earlier cars had it.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hmmm, thats interesting Andrew! All the 2 litres from 72 to 74 that I have seen never had the 2000 script on tail panel.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Page 112 of the "Alfa Romeo Buyers Guide" shows a pic of a 1750 Berlina without the displacement script, but Iniezione to the right of the license plate. That section of the book deals with the 1750. There are no rear pics of the 2L Berlina.

The "Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce 1972 Model Year" Owner's Manual on page 7 shows a drawing of the rear of the 1972 Berlina with the Iniezione script to the right of the license plate and nothing to the left.

I can't find anything on the 2L models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts