Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it's boiled down to letting the love of my life part away from my life.

I'm selling my daily driven GTV. (Yes! it's hard to say) $7300 is my asking price. My price is high. I've accumulated the price I payed for the car, and all the work I've put in to it (not including my time). I'm selling my car only to double phase school, which means attending school 12 hours a day, and doing so, I cannot hold up a job, and need funds to get by the 6 months that I'll be here in Phoenix.

Details:
Car started out as a west coast car. The frame is STRAIGHT. The body need's minor work, has a few dings that need to be fixed. The paint job is "alright", when you wash, and wax the car, it's lovly. The seats need to be refurbished. front seats are torn. There's only two spots of rust, a quater inch spot of rust on the trunk lid, and 2 inch's of rust on front windsheild area. I think I can say the car is rust free.

The engne is stock. Compression on all 4 cylinders #1 - 165 #2 - 162 #3 - 160 ish #4 - 152. The car also did a 2:16 at buttonwillow.

Car is lowered with shankle springs, Koni reds, adjustable control arms, new upper & lower ball joints, new tie rods, new A-arm bushings. 14x7 inch panasport wheels with 17mm offset. And I replaced a hundred little things.

Flaws:
Needs paint and interior, leaky mufflers, bent rear bumper, bad 2nd gear syncro. Everything on the car is orginaly except for springs, and wheels, and everything is in working order.

Serious buyers only!!! I'm looking for a dedicated alfa head to purchase my car. No race car projects, or newbies.

I'm currently in Phoenix.

Here's a few links to picture's of my GTV:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/gallery/pages/DSC04967_jpg.htm
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/gallery/pages/DSC04878_jpg.htm

Send me a private message through the BB, if you're interested.
or Call me @
Christian
(818) 554-8284 - call between 12:45 - 3:45p.m. & 10:00 - 11:00p.m.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
sad to see you selling her sniady, but first things first.

anyone who is interested in the car...it is a great driving car. the engine pulls stong and doesn't miss a beat. also, the suspension is freakin' awesome. sniady re-did just about all that could be re-done on the suspension.

the car does not need much to be perfect.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,370 Posts
Ok, I'm not in the market for another GTV.

But, a few random comments:

1) The description Snaidy provided is very confidence-inspiring. It means a lot when a seller takes the time to provide details like this. From Anthony's comments, he's probably under represented it a bit.

2) It sounds like a lot of car for the money. This late in the summer is not a great time to be selling a sports car in some parts of the country, but hopefully that won't affect the value in places like Phoenix or CA.

Good luck!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sniady,

Sorry to hear you are selling. Best of luck selling her. You could ask the buyer for a "First right of refusal" so if they want to sell her again in a few years, you could have first shot at getting her back.

Garrett

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Again Sniady, I am sorry you have to let her go. :(

Have you had any bites on her yet? Have you considered trying to sell the Schleemak on eBay? Set your reserve price. Not many blue GTV's for sale out there recently. You never know.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great Car, if I had an extra $7k, or more importantly, a mammoth garage, it would already be there.

As an alfa newbie, statements like this still make me laugh:

There's only two spots of rust, a quater inch spot of rust on the trunk lid, and 2 inch's of rust on front windsheild area. I think I can say the car is rust free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What would be required to repair these two rust spots? Are we talking cutting and welding, or are we talking about strictly surface rust?

I didn't know the car was blue, it looks black in all the pics on my monitor.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, strictly surface rust, it's very very minor.

The car is blue. I think its time for a new monitor racea911.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I won't be converting from a 911, maybe something in addition to it though. My track 911 is a keeper. I ran a 2:06 at Buttonwillow in my first event with this car at my first time ever at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sniady, I can't believe you are selling her! The roads of the valley will not be the same with out you and your blue speed demon. Well at least it will be a safer world for pedestrians. Hahaha!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey Alvin! Haven't seen you around here lately. Where ya been?

Sniady's living in Phoenix now. So he must be terrorizing folks in the desert. Be careful Sniady, I understand it is legal to carry a side arm in AZ. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phoenix is 10 years behind on Los Angeles.

People out here are still driving honda civic's with dayton rims that stick out 2 feet from the fenders. Bunch of raider mascots. And there's always crazy stuff going on around here, a grip of shootings.

Also legal to carry a sidearm (with a permit).

I havn't opened up the schleemak in 2 months. There's no fun driving a Alfa out here. Terrible roads, no twisties. My car is having no fun here. I think he's depressed.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm bummed that you had to let the Schleemak go, Sniady. Did it go to a good home? And will you be keeping tabs on it? Or just move on until you can get your hands on another?

Let's all lower our Alfa flags to half-staff.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
kai,
i spoke with sniady tonight, i think he is keeping her. although, i never officially asked him. based on the way he was talking it sounded like he's keeping the shlemak. are you sniady?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts