Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
...However, bellagt seems to suggest that this isn't a simple conversion. Still, if some metalwork is needed to do this conversion, doing it in conjunction with rust repair and paint would make sense.
The conversion is simple. There is no metal work required unless there is corrosion repair in the typical areas at the base of the A pillar. The issue is getting the trim to fit in the rubber gasket. It is difficult to get the trim to seat properly in the upper corners.

BTW, with Prosource out of business, glue in windshields are also near unobtanitium.

·
Super Moderator
10,911 Posts
The conversion is simple. There is no metal work required unless there is corrosion repair in the typical areas at the base of the A pillar. The issue is getting the trim to fit in the rubber gasket. It is difficult to get the trim to seat properly in the upper corners.
OK, thanks for clarifying. When I have R&R'd gasketed windshields, I have always just re-installed the old aluminum trim, and that has gone in fairly easily. But yea, I can imagine this would be harder when using reproduction trim (like CA's p/n RB090).

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
OK, thanks for clarifying. When I have R&R'd gasketed windshields, I have always just re-installed the old aluminum trim, and that has gone in fairly easily. But yea, I can imagine this would be harder when using reproduction trim (like CA's p/n RB090).
I would think this is the typical experience with installing re-pro gasketed windshield and trim...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts