Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
For anyone looking for a great GTV look no further than this car. I found this car for the previous owner and it is the straightest most original no rust GTV I've seen. All the recent work done to the highest standard and Jeff in addition to being a very accomplished race car driver is a super nice guy. Based on recent sales of similar cars this car would have to considered very well bought at this price. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, [email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for all the interest. I put together a PDF with about 75 pictures that I will email to the 11 people who requested more picture. If you want me to send you pictures, please send me a PM with your email address.

I have 2 firm offers, but I am inclined to let it go to Bring a Trailer. We are looking at a week from Monday for BAT. Make an offer before, if you end up bidding thru BAT there is a 5% buyer fee.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks to everyone who responded. I have a purchase commitment. If it falls through for any reason, I decided to keep the car. I seem to have come out of my hospital stay fog and have a much more optimistic outlook.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Thanks to everyone who responded. I have a purchase commitment. If it falls through for any reason, I decided to keep the car. I seem to have come out of my hospital stay fog and have a much more optimistic outlook.
Good for you ......I battled cancer part of my rehab (FOR MY OWN HEAD) was to rebuild a 1964 Sprint GT 1600 S-L-O-W-L-Y ... KEEP THE CAR...:grin2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
He already pulled his BaT auction, which they likely aren't too happy about (they're fussy over there). Don't think BaT is an option anymore.

The only constructive advice I can give is that if the car has been for sale in Los Angeles for two months and is still available, the price is too high. The market has peaked on these, I wouldn't count on any further appreciation for a while. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Good thing that Jeff is a better race car driver than salesman. This car has not been on BAT. At $45K this car is a great deal, as I posted earlier it's as good as any of the cars that have sold on BAT recently. There is no sign(s) of the "market" for GTVs "peaking" Again if you're looking for a great car this is it, I'm only sorry Jeff has to sell it for health reasons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey, I am always open to input, unlike my wife who will only take critisiam in the form of a compliment. I am open to offers and have been in the car biz (BMW) for a long time so I never would be insulted. Fred knows the car very well and we recently did a compression test and every hole was around 160. I think that GTV's are going up in price. The recent sales on BAT confirm that they are strong for a good car. Who would have thought at restored car would go for over $80k (with fees), it was done as nicely as i have ever seen and deserved the strong price. I agree I priced it too high and one would have to think that the high price was responsible for it not selling. However, fred is right, I am not a good salesman and can not figure a way to talk a price up by starting low. I say again, anyone looking for a great GTV, make me an offer, I can only say no or negotiate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you send me the pdf picture file. This seems a good buy compared to the white one for sale (good luck on the wedding).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your car looks really nice. I’m in the market for a GTV, too bad I missed yours. Please PM me if there’s a hiccup in finalizing the deal for any reason. Good luck with everything!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts