Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Price drop - still sick - need to sell - $45,000 or Offer - really I am open to offers, try me

I have some recent illness that keep me from enjoying my great GTV. I have only been able to drive it twice in the last 6 months. Located in Topanga Canyon area of LA, in the mountains above Malibu. Thought is was sold, but the buyer decided he wanted to own a frame up resto and rather pay the $80k...so if you have one of those, I'll hook you up - PM. I was scheduled on BAT but pulled when this guy committed.

Here are the details.

1972 GTV
Rust Free
101,xxx miles - car has gone 3000 miles in 20 years
Russo Red
New Black interior including seats redone, carpet, headliner, new dash, new wood. Looks like new. Dynamat under carpet.
Car was repainted in the late 80's but less than 3000 miles ago. Looks great but is not show quality - 8 out of 10
Engine freshened in the 90's with just a few 1000 miles on it.
Great Oil pressure
Runs Cool - Aux fan on thermostat
Compression - #1 - 160 #2 - 158 #3 - 160 #4 -155 Hot
Electronic Ignition
Original SPICA FI with service by Ingram
New MagnaFlow Exhaust
Brakes are perfect - new pads all around
New Shocks (KYB)
Sport Springs (Yellow)
2 Sets of Wheels and tires
1 Set of Australian 14" Comodora with sticky short performance tires
1 Set of 15" MiniLite type with Yoko touring for great freeway flying
CA Black Plate (Current Retro Type - not the old collectable)
New Grill
Everything works clutch is strong, shifts smooth, it is an exception driver that you won't hesitate to drive.
Lot of pictures, - email me for more info, questions, etc. ginettag4 at verizon dot net

I would consider partial trade -it wouldn't have to be an Alfa or vintage car. Open to anything
Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I recommend you don't apologize for the price of anything you are selling...Second rule is never say it is a "bargain" or the "best there is" which I have seen some sellers do on BaT. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
You might want to say where in LA. Someone in Van Nuys might not venture to Yorba Linda but someone in Santa Ana might go to Irvine on whim.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Non-related

You might want to say where in LA. Someone in Van Nuys might not venture to Yorba Linda but someone in Santa Ana might go to Irvine on whim.
Divo, it seems that you are familiar with the area, right now you would definitely don't want to drive to Yorba Linda, because due to the fires in Anaheim Hills, the 241/261 toll roads had been closed since Monday and the traffic is horrendous...

Gilles,
Living in Yorba Linda for 22+ years and commuting to work in Irvine for 20...
BTW, now mi car is parked at the Anaheim train station to help me avoid the freeways...

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I'm familiar enough to not go on Freeway unless it is 3 AM if it is more than 3 exits...we don't worry about that Chit on Cape Cod. Saying a car is for sale in LA might as well be the same as selling a car in the USSR....is not the same as Toledo or NW Ohio. Oh, so it is in Vladivostok and I am in Moscow.. dah. The only thing common in LA is the time zone. PS: we take all the grief in winter but it melts. Tough sleddin' for the CA'ians right now. My heart goes out to them.. I'm not diggin' a disaster. Back to the car... be flexiible on the price.. there isn't much to support it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is scheduled to go on Bring a Trailer in 10 days. I am willing to pull it if someone is ready to buy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good looking car. Hope mine is that nice someday!

One thing I noticed in your description. For car aficionados CA black plate suggests something very specific. Getting a new, personalized plate in the black style is something anyone can do on any car. CA Black plate implies 'this car was originally registered in CA when it was new'. For a 1972 car like this, of course, the original plate for a CA registered vehicle would be blue with gold letters, but not everyone would know that.

Not just trying to be a stickler here, but I would avoid mentioning the color of the plate as selling point on BaT. Unless you just think ONEALFA is a cool personalized plate and want to point that out! If this is an original CA car and you have documentation to show that then definitely mention it in the ad as it will help you get top dollar! GLWS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seriously? thanks for your input!!!???
I assume this was directed at my previous post.

Hey, I was really just trying to help on the plate thing. When you're looking at getting top dollar for a car people will pick apart your description and little things like this can turn off or confuse potential buyers. Notice the very first line in this current post on BAT is "This 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV is a blue plate California car"
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-alfa-romeo-gtv-32/
Just saying "black personalized plate" as opposed to "CA black plate" could make a difference for some buyers. The black plate comment had me scratching my head until you posted the additional pictures and I could see that it was a personalized plate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to admit that when I first read it I thought you were being a little nit picky, but after reflection and reading it again I can see you were trying to be helpful. Thanks for the input and taking the time to comment. I changed the description to reflect your comment. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alfa

Could you please send more photos? Engine, undercarriage, trunk, closer wood work and speedometer (etc) of the dash.
I am a "real" buyer, not a looky-loo.
Thanks,
Dana

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you email me to yahmann1 at verizon dot net and I'll email you a pdf with lots of pictures.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts