Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
What are you asking for the car?

Did I miss that in all that description? Also, is it going to be a problem tor egister in another state without it having been registered for over 20 years? I am in Georgia, Doc

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Most states have procedures for lost titles, so you'd have to check with yours.

In CA, all it takes to get a duplicate, is to sign and notarize a form (available on the DMV website) and send it to the DMV with $19. Super easy. I just did it with a bike.

The title is separate from registration.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
164 Posts
One ,and I think the only way to waive the back fees, if a non-op was not done is to file a aquisition, the bad think is that it will make the car as a salvage title.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Everyone,

Just posted up a couple new pics and added some info about the title to the description. If you have any questions, please CALL because my son does all of my postings, replys, etc and he's not around very often.

Please call me at 805-241-0250

Best,
Bruno

PS - the the license plate "66BRUNO" does not come with the purchase, it's just there as an example

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
1) Chances are that after 20 years of no registrations, the car is probably not in the computer.

2) you can transfer ownership in California using 'lost title' form and a 262 for odometer disclosure/bill of sale information. If there are registration back fees you will be liable.

3) you can register the car outside of California and then re-export it ack to Cali.

4) lien sale filing can also be used to put he car in your name officially but not sure if it will release one of the back fees. Filing a lien sale does not result in a 'branded' title.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts