Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SOLD* 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV Race Car

1972 Alfa Romeo GTV

We’ve been privileged to own this car for 6 years after having it built from a California car to a race car by Roman Tucker (Michigan). It’s a well-known race car in Canada, mainly raced at Mosport, Mont Tremblant, VRG at Watkins Glen. We are reluctantly posting this race car for sale - it has served us well.

This car has been consistently raced since 2012. It was originally from California, and has a clear Ontario title. This race car has a CASC log book. Some of the recent highlights of this race car would be a posting a very fast 1:40 minute lap time at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park). VRG/SVRA/VSCDA and VARAC vintage/historic legal/eligible.

Price: $37,000 USD
email me - vsvedas (at) hotmail (dot) com

Body:
This race looks like a race car should – it always attracts a lot of attention, although it’s been driven well to avoid body damage. The body is in fantastic shape – no accidents. All rockers/floors are in excellent original shape, showing no holes or no rust. It was mentioned by the car builder that it was one of the cleanest shells he’d worked on

Engine:
-2L
-Carillo Rods
-JE Piston Set Nord 2.0 84mm 12.5:1
-Balanced crank

Head:
-Fully race-prepped head
-High performance valve springs
-Oversized intake valves
-Port and polish work
-45mm Weber carbs, race prepared
-Compression ratio ?
-Takes 110 leaded race fuel

Headers:
-Race headers
-GTA style exhaust

Flywheel:
-Aluminum Flywheel
-Sachs clutch pressure plate – Porsche type
-Lightweight Bosch Starter

Transmission:
-Schwitters close-ratio gear box
-Roman Tucker 4.56 rear end

Misc:
-Steel Hood
-Fiberglass trunk
-FIA rain light
-AMD racing transponder
-Panhard bar
-Kirkley aluminum sprint car race seat
-Braided earls gas and oil lines
-Holley fuel pumps
-Roman Tucker rear mounted front sway bar
-Oil cooler
-Accusump
-Fire extinguisher
-New belts
-Alfa Tach
-Stewart warner gauges
-Oil and water catch bottles
-MSD soft touch rev limiter
-14x7 Panasports rims
-225 50 14 Hoosier street td tires
-ATL fuel cell
-Lexan rear and side windows
-New front windshield
-Remote oil filter
-Roman Tucker Front/Rear Springs (adjustable rear springs)
-Koni Yellow Shocks
-Tilton pedal setup
-All new rear taillights (OKP)
-Grill (OKP)
-Everything is essentially new from when it was built in 2012

Video of it in action

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got feedback from some of the folks who helped build this car and it checks out as a super clean/nice build. To me this is the perfect vintage race GTV and if $ were no object, I'd have already bought it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to everyone for your interest in the race car.
However, it is sold to a fellow vintage racer. I'm sure you'll be seeing it as it passes you by on the track :)

Thanks again,
-Vytas

·
Registered
14 Posts
"To a fellow vintage racer" ... that would be me! Very excited about getting this GTV. I had looked at several, missed out on one or two good ones that were sold before I got there, so I'm happy to land this one. It is being shipped from Toronto to Pennsylvania as we speak. I hope to run it at a few VRG events later this year. I'd also like to say that it was a pleasure dealing with Vytas and his father, Tony, on this deal -- they were very fair, honest, and very accommodating. Now I just need to make space in the garage for another race car!
Mark Palmer
Nazareth, PA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on which MG. The old MGA 1500 roadster is probably happy to be getting a break, after 150+ vintage race weekends over the past 27 years. The MGA Twin Cam (long-term project car) may be a little more upset about being pushed to the back burner, again -- but at least he has a new twin-cam brother. And the '68 MGC/GT (street car) is for sale, to make room in the garage for the Alfa.

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now I just have to learn how to drive all over again! Almost twice the power, 4-wheel disc brakes (instead of MG's 4-wheel drums), and way more grip than I've ever had ... it will take a while to get used to this!
Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mark, Congratulations! I missed this one, literally, by a couple of hours. Glad it's going to you. In the meantime, I secured another one for myself. I'll be picking that one up in July. So, hope to be playing with you soon.

Best, bob

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bob (Brady)....you got out, then back in? Like Michael Corleone in G3? Hope you and the clan are all well. John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I am looking forward to being at Thompson again to watch the racing. We hope to have a large turn out of Alfa's with a special section reserved in the parking lot. Will try to stop and say hi to you Mark.

John R

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
So Cool

Awesome! Great to have another GTV on the track! I'll be at Thompson this weekend also... let me know if you need anything at all as I live in CT.

Michael.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts