Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, friends.

I've been a member of this forum for many years now, but I am not very active. I intend to get back a little more, as I am spending more time with my cars and getting more and more interested in being a part of the Alfa Romeo world outside my country!

I have made a video of a clean lap in Interlagos (Autódromo José Carlos Pace, home of the F-1 Grand Prix in Brazil).

This day I took an hour and 15 minutes of track time, and ended up editing a 15 minute video, which was pretty boring, so I ended up just geting an almost clean lap and puting the time for it.

The video is in the following link:

I would like to know what you guys thing, opinions on driving and on the video itself, as I intend to make more videos, but I want to know how to make it more interesting. Any feedback is appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know next to nothing about videos or racing, but having watched a few videos over time one thing that is guaranteed to make it more interesting (for me) is if you're chasing someone around the track. Good sound and a back-and-forth chase can make a Yugo race exciting.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know next to nothing about videos or racing, but having watched a few videos over time one thing that is guaranteed to make it more interesting (for me) is if you're chasing someone around the track. Good sound and a back-and-forth chase can make a Yugo race exciting.

Good luck :)
Much appreciated feedback, Spinner! Thank you! I am working on another video that has a little more action on it. This one was supposed to be just my fastast lap, but another one from the same day is on the way with a little more editing as well.

I know a little bit about videos and racing, but this is the first time I put those two together, there's a lot of room to improvement here, and this is why I thank you for your feedback!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's my $.02...

- Drop in some stills of the car from a few angles either at the beginning or the end of the video.
- At the end of the video, add in what modifications have been made to the car
- If it is a few clean laps without too much action, you can also overlay text that states what turn your in (T1, T2, etc...) and what gear your shifting down or up into
- You may even want to drop in a still of the track map at the beginning of the video

If you're are doing a lot of track days with the car, you can even use the video to help you go faster by adding in how high the engine was revving what gear you're in for each turn. Then, over a series of videos, you can gauge your improvement...or if you're hitting a brick wall. I race motorcycles and I know that if I rev higher or am able to come through a turn in a higher gear, my lap times will improve (assuming that your speed on the straight away sections are consistent).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts