Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Progress

Well, after jumping through numerous DMV hoops, they have asked for their sales tax. This means they are going to title the car. I am happy that effort is about over.

I found the contact information for a retired Italian car mechanic I knew of, and through him, I have found a shop to take on the work the car needs. I am hopeful I may have the Alfa ready for the spring weather. That is good and exciting.

Anyhow, the shop will look the car over, but I am sure of the head gasket needing to be replaced along with flushing and cooling systems rebuilt. It will be a while yet, but at least this is progress.

I will post up as more progress is made.
Drew

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The little 1300 is actually fun to drive. Granted it's not at all fast but it does make all the right "Alfa" noises. I drove my 1300 for several years after importing it in '09. I had planned all along, however, to install a modified 2 liter and finally did that a few years ago. Still, the 1300 is a perfectly good engine for a Super and has enough power to allow you to travel at highway speeds, etc. As my friend Bob observed, "It makes all the right noises, only you just aren't going to go very fast . . .". Keep us posted.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, after jumping through numerous DMV hoops, they have asked for their sales tax. This means they are going to title the car. I am happy that effort is about over.

I will post up as more progress is made.
Drew
Well, I spoke too soon. The state now wants a Surety Bond for twice their assessed value of the car for a period of 7 years.

Years ago Range Rover Classics were my auto-drug. However, the universe didn't want me to have one and told me that several different ways (essentially I didn't have good luck with them).

I am beginning to think the universe may be telling me something again. Sigh...

Drew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Update: The Alfa now has an 9/20 appointment with a local shop that a retired AR mechanic recommended to me. Forward progress has begun to occur. Might even get to take it around the block before it gets too cold. With all the setbacks, I am still excited to get it going.
Drew

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Wonderful news! I know how you feel - just got the PA title on mine last week, only took 2 months. Just in time for it to get cold...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on the title. Several years ago I picked of a 75 280Z for my son, but Alabama registration expired and no original title. I worked with Tennessee County Clerk and some VERY HELPFUL Alabama DOT staff to dig out original bill of sale so I finally got a fresh Tennessee title after about two months. I can only imagine the added complexity of importing a vehicle yourself and then getting it titled and registered. WELL DONE SIR! Love the car and the color. And yes, I'm jealous.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts