Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
You’re killing me, for some reason I have acquired a taste for European market Alfa sedans, years ago I bought a 67 Giulia Super for $300 as a winter car, laid off the sedans until a few years ago when I picked up a very nice rust free 2 liter 77 Alfetta, last year it was an even nicer, 75 Giulia Nuova Super 1300, and now I see this offered. The phrase comes to mind “collect all three”, what’s a guy to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about the sedans, whether its the Giulia or the Berlina, is the way I fit in them. I'm fairly tall (6'1) and lanky, and I have a hell of a time getting comfortable in GTVs. The sedans, on the other hand, put me more upright and everything just lands right where it's supposed to for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For anyone who might be interested, I've uploaded a Flickr album of the underside of the car, along with a video of a standing start. Yes, I rushed the second-gear shift and yes, I should know better. The second-gear synchro in this car is fine as long as you're not ham-fisted!
1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina Gallery on Flickr

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's listed locally here in Metro Detroit on Facebook Marketplace for 17.5K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for reminding me -- forgot I put it on Marketplace! The Berlina has been accepted for listing on Bring a Trailer, but the auction is still probably a couple weeks out. Until then it's still for sale elsewhere; once the BaT auction starts that's the only venue through which it will be sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts