Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my 72 gt junior up for sale.

The car is a 1300 jr, but the owner before me had a 1750 engine put in since the old one blew up. The story was that he let a buddy run it for a while and he ran it without oil.

The 1750 has Weber carbs on it and runs pretty good, although I think it needs some carb work that I have yet to get nailed down. It drives alright as is, but I think it could need to be jetted differently. I messed with it a lot of different times, but I never got it where I thought it should be. The transmission will need gone over, as it has crunch while shifting into 2nd.

The body has issues. I tried to take as many pictures as I could to show the bad spots, but someone looking to purchase would need to look at it good and make sure it is something they want to get into.

I bought the car around 2005. I was stationed in Italy and I picked it up off another guy stationed there. I haven't had any major issues with the car while I have owned it and have had it on some pretty long trips. When I got back stateside, I drove it from Texas up to Virginia over 3 days with no issues. I am putting it up for $3,700 O.B.O. Come take a look at it and drive it. I am located in Virgina.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of the above shots give you an idea of what the rust situation is like on this car. You can see the drivers side door pretty much needs replaced. There is rust in the floor pan on both sides of the car and some in the spare tire section. The lower front nose of the car is dented and rusty.

There is putty on the fenders and in random places on the car. There is rust in the lower rear body section (section all around the bottom of the bumper in the back of the car).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sent you a PM back and I went to email, but I had a crazy old one in here I don't even have anymore. I updated my email on here, so email back if you want to actually get me on email.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck with the sale Nacho, i would love to find something like this in UK!.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently have a deposit on the car sale. I will update the post if the deal falls through, but it looks pretty solid.

Thanks for the kind wishes ludlowjohn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts