Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Great looking Alfa ! Could you say a word about the seat belts in this Alfa ? .I take it the steel piece (bar) by the emergency brake handle is where the belts lock on to. Is this an Alfa part /after market- or do you know what type of belts these are ? I'm thinking of putting some old Volvo static 3-point belts in my Duetto and they lock in the same way . But locking "point" isn't nearly as nice. GLWS ! Thanks
They're made by Klippan. Pretty hard to find. Besides Alfa's, they were used in Mercedes and BMW's.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Isn't a price required to be listed in the section?

Nice car but the "make me an offer but don't low ball me" thing is often a waste of time. Nice car but if you want to sell it then price it...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Saw your BAT listing. Good luck with your auction. I think you did a great job with the powertrain and suspension. The trolls on that site are trying to beat you up - just ignore them!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The BaT listing really shows what's need to be done to the car. Next owner can take this to the next level.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Again, the BaT auction showed what people are willing to pay for a certain car.

·
Super Moderator
10,799 Posts
Again, the BaT auction showed what people are willing to pay for a certain car.
Kind of sad a nice, running '71 spider only bid to $5,500. But that's today's collector car market - things have changed a lot in the past year.

In general, I'd say that BaT is a good place to sell a car like this - at least it allows the seller to set a reserve, so you don't end up giving away your investment. But the downside is that BaT is a highly visual marketplace - prospective buyers can't go for a test drive - so I suspect this Alfa's odd blue color and black wheels (sorry bbenack) didn't do it any favors. And selling a convertible in the dead of winter is always an uphill battle.

Don't know what I'd advise bbenack to try next. Maybe let things cool off, let spring come and try another venue such as a classic car dealer or other on-line marketplace such as Hemmings. And re-install the original wheels and hubcaps if you still have them! Originality sells in this market, where buyers are looking more for investments than fun, weekend toys.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Kind of sad a nice, running '71 spider only bid to $5,500. But that's today's collector car market - things have changed a lot in the past year.

In general, I'd say that BaT is a good place to sell a car like this - at least it allows the seller to set a reserve, so you don't end up giving away your investment. But the downside is that BaT is a highly visual marketplace - prospective buyers can't go for a test drive - so I suspect this Alfa's odd blue color and black wheels (sorry bbenack) didn't do it any favors. And selling a convertible in the dead of winter is always an uphill battle.

Don't know what I'd advise bbenack to try next. Maybe let things cool off, let spring come and try another venue such as a classic car dealer or other on-line marketplace such as Hemmings. And re-install the original wheels and hubcaps! Originality sells in this market, where buyers are looking more for investments than fun, weekend toys.
I will tag on with originality when selling a classic car will always do best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
The car is beautiful and and super clean and anyone would be proud to have it in the garage. Specially in California where a 75 or older cars does not require a smog check. I have stated before that modifying your Alfa Spider to your personal likes and wants is great, but it will only appeal to a very small group of people. Series 2 and 3 are already not no the collected side of the car market and most people will lose their investment. I see a lot of guys on this board pour a ton of money into theirs spiders and that is ok if you plan to keep it. Do remember how the Wheeler Dealer silver spider lit up the board for not being a full restoration? The moral of the story is if you want to get the maximum $$ for you spider it to keep it as original as you can. One last thought (spend what you can when you can and enjoy your Alfa Romeo Spider).

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Added a link to the expired BAT ad that has more pics, videos and information.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts