Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last two years restoring this spider but a new project has sparked the idea of letting her go. Literally everything mechanically has been replaced and restored. Has the original 1750. I swapped the spica to dual weber 32’s with euro manifold . Head was rebuilt a few months ago with centerline colombo & bariani performance cams. Has a 123 programmable distributor with multiple settings. New aluminum radiator, Electric fan, new Bosch blue coil. This thing is dialed in and runs like a bat out of hell! Transmission rebuilt last year shifts smooth through all the gears. Completely rebuilt suspension and drivetrain with everything replaced a few months ago. Lowered sport springs with Hydro shocks. Handles great and takes the bumps well. I just ran the autocross at our Alfa club spring fling event and performed great with this set up. All interior replaced, new dash, door panels seats etc. Too much to list so if interested please call or email. I am posting just some basic photos but will take more for serious buyers. All reasonable offers considered. Please no lowballers or dreamers. Thanks 314-562-7507. [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Why is the colour tough to judge?, its a matt blue. Open trumpets are not safe for the engine for road use.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone for the kind words and compliments. As to the question on price, I am only discussing details and price with serious buyers over the phone or email. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,153 Posts
From a performance point of view trumpets are a step backwards from the AR plenum. The seller has it right.

·
Premium Member
13,153 Posts
ciao55, here is a post from a couple of weeks ago about trumpets messing up an engine https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-repair-diagnostics-rebuilding/331266-technical-questions-rj-s-suggestions-20.html#post8473144

Here is one with dyno sheets of motors that made big power with modified AR plenums https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-repair-diagnostics-rebuilding/331266-technical-questions-rj-s-suggestions-13.html#post7924545

Getting back to the thread, if I were to start over with another Spider it would be a 71. IMO they are the best looking and they are also the lightest of the Kam tails.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but if the trumpets are the right size they are fine. Alfaholics has been building motors with these for years. I've seen Ferraris with trumpets and numerous other cars, Shelbys etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great looking Alfa ! Could you say a word about the seat belts in this Alfa ? .I take it the steel piece (bar) by the emergency brake handle is where the belts lock on to. Is this an Alfa part /after market- or do you know what type of belts these are ? I'm thinking of putting some old Volvo static 3-point belts in my Duetto and they lock in the same way . But locking "point" isn't nearly as nice. GLWS ! Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts