Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1970 - 1974 Giulia Super - Condition #2 (or 2+) Only

Conscientious Alfa custodian looking for a 1970 - 1974 Giulia Super.

1. Have cash. Not expecting "something for nothing".
2. Only condition 2 (or 2+) cars will be considered.
3. Car located in the USA please.
4. Hanging pedal '70-'74 Giulia Supers only. (Or possibly a VERY nice retrofitted/backdated Nuovo "abitsa").
5. All engine types considered (1300, 1600, 1750, 2000).
6. Original condition or tasteful road mods ok. No track cars please.
7. Color doesn't matter. Prefer original color car.
8. Independent pre-purchase Inspection required.

I will bump this post to the top regularly, so I apologize in advance for how tired you will be of seeing it :p;).

$500 finder's fee paid if you direct me to the car I purchase (and you are not the owner). In addition, I will make a donation to the AlfaBB if the car is purchased through a lead derived on the AlfaBB.

All info provided to me will be kept confidential (ie: not discussed publicly on the AlfaBB).

PM's preferred. Email/Phone upon request.

Is that the sound of crickets chirping I hear... ;)
Or just the calm before the storm :D.

Grazie mille di cuore!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,041 Posts
Lotsa talk, and now lotsa cricket sounds, on the buying AND selling side. This is gonna be interesting. Mark, a suitably vague summary of "findings" would be interesting with these bumps.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bruce - When I have "suitably vague info" I will post it here to keep everyone generally informed of the current Super market (no pun intended :)). Nothing but the sound of crickets so far. In the meantime, I need to bump my ad to keep it on page one. I've noticed that the "hits" drop off significantly once an ad moves to page 2 and beyond.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Conscientious Alfa custodian looking for a 1970 - 1974 Giulia Super.

1. Have cash. Not expecting "something for nothing".
2. Only condition 2 (or 2+) cars will be considered.
3. Car located in the USA please.
4. Hanging pedal '70-'74 Giulia Supers only. (Or possibly a VERY nice retrofitted/backdated Nuovo "abitsa").
5. All engine types considered (1300, 1600, 1750, 2000).
6. Original condition or tasteful road mods ok. No track cars please.
7. Color doesn't matter. Prefer original color car.
8. Independent pre-purchase Inspection required.

Might take a year (or two) but that's fine :). I will bump this post to the top regularly, so I apologize in advance for how tired you will be of seeing it :p;).

$500 finder's fee paid if you direct me to the car I purchase (and you are not the owner). In addition, I will make a donation to the AlfaBB if the car is purchased through a lead derived on the AlfaBB.

All info provided to me will be kept confidential (ie: not discussed publicly on the AlfaBB).

PM's preferred. Email/Phone upon request.

Is that the sound of crickets chirping I hear... ;)
Or just the calm before the storm :D.

Grazie mille di cuore!

Hi,

I have exactly what you want. A '72 Super 1.6, in the original Hawthorn White, upgraded to 2 Litre, restored just 1.5 years ago. Now, while it does have a roll cage installed it is not a track only car (only one track day), I drive it on the street as often as I can. I do have the original seats that are included with the car (the cage can be removed with a little work). As for a "Independent pre-purchase Inspection", Santo, Anthony and Fabrizio Rimicci all know my car and have driven it (Santo & Anthony helped with the restoration), give them a call for a second opinion.

Anyway, here's a link to my current thread: '72 Super for Sale

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gifford - I've seen your car F/S for quite some time now. Not sure it really fits what I'm looking for. Details sent in a PM. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
alfagtv74 - Yep, seen that one too. I got the inside scoop on it. If you knew what I know, you wouldn't walk, you'd run away from it. The old adage... "Can't judge a book by it's cover" applies to Giulias too. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
67 Posts
You couldn't be looking for a better model and good luck my friend. Will try digging back thru my emails as I was looking at a nice '72 up in Washington a couple years to pass on. Believe they may have restored it already. You'll need to be patient to find the Super you described in the USA.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Rockman. Judging by your signature... YOU may have the car I'm after ;):D. Was the one in Washington Pinot Verde? If so, I think I remember seeing the thread on that one. It was very nice indeed after the restoration (Akitaman?) and sold quickly. If I can find the thread I'll post it here to see if it's the one you are thinking of.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was a sweeet car that sold fast. I'm gonna hold out for a really nice hanging pedal Giulia.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The car turned out nice and sold for a very reasonable price. Why not look oversea's ?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got my feelers out both here and abroad. So, I'm not entirely opposed to importing a Giulia, but I think the inspection and shipping process will be significantly easier if the car is already here in the states.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agreed on the inspection piece. Buying any car without touching or smelling is scary. In the import business so easier for me to say but importing a car was nothing compared to other things I've imported. NO SALES PUSH but if you go the oversea route I have a good friend from Masterpiece Intl out of S.Cal that helped me out. The cost was really reasonable, they insured everything and handled all the paperwork. Just showed up with my ID and grabbed the keys.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,041 Posts
That's not Pine Knot Verde, ist's Muschio Verde (Moss Green). I know Pinyo Verde . . . ;) But it's gorgeous. Any color tickle you fancy, or not, Fangio?

And Rockman, if you have trusted Alfisti agents or friends in the market, buying unseen is not scary. In fact, I know a little about Alfas, little enough to get into trouble compared to some real experts. I am much more scared by glossy ads praying on the Ignocenti. . . . as seen above and elsewhere here recently. Whatever works . . . (PS: where in TX?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also far from an expert and agree. Find a friend or a friend of a friend in the area and your good.

Plano Texas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
fangio8c,

Have you considered BaT's finder service? I'm a mulling doing that for such a sedan search. I have increased my budget and am now delayed as I increase the savings to match.

(note: This was not intended to be a recommendation for or against BaT's finder service, and I have no affiliation with them aside from being a frequent reader).

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a regular reader of BaT and subscribe to all "Alfa Posts" but I didn't realize BaT offers a finder service. I'll go to their home page and check it out. Will be interesting to see what the details are. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts