Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m selling the Montreal on behalf of my father. 1971 (june), VIN #241, Engine #171, 98k kms.

Pros:

Just professionally repainted in the original orange (the previous owner painted it in silver 741): the paint is flawless and shines like a mirror.
Original interiors (apart from the seats foam which has been recently replaced), the doors trims have been replaced with the ones made by Penatti.
Original metal and glasses all around.
Original jack and tools.
Everything’s working, both mechanical and electrical.
Original Milano plates.
Zero rust.
Engine revs perfectly from 1000 to 7000 without lean spots or hesitations of any kind.
SPICA pump and distributor fully rebuilt by Sepp Burgi (Alfamontreal.ch);
Valves play check done
New Belts
New spark plugs
New brake fluid
New brake master cylinder
BMW front calipers for improved braking (original calipers will come with the car).
New Engine oil (Motul 20W50) and filter
New fuel filters (engine bay and tank)
New air filter
Flushed radiator and new coolant
New gearbox oil
New differential oil
New steering ball joints
New front brake discs
New exhaust (except manifolds)
New period correct Blaupunkt car radio (working)

Cons:

•The XWX are beautiful but old: even if without hurry, they should be replaced
•The thermostatic actuator doesn’t work (it is however with the car) so it has been replaced with a manual actuator made by AFRA (operated from inside the ****pit) which is almost invisible and works well. Basically it’s like to pull the choke in a car equipped with carburetors.

This is how the car runs, that’s a footage taken last summer when the car was still silver: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-montreal/242890-montreal-driving-video.html
These are all the photos I have: https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157631918904231
Thousands of € spent so far on this superb car which needs nothing.

Asking price: €44,000, almost firm.

The car is in Milano. PM me if really interested. Thanks.

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've always loved Orange, Jelly Bean (LeMans) Blue as my favorite Monty colors and I've never been a fan of any car in silver....that being said..I gotta tell you ...this car was pretty elegant in Silver...Best of luck with the sale..Get em while you can....Orange is SOOOOOO Period correct though....And on the Monty...much better than Red (and I own 2 red Alfas).....:yes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Montreal for sale

Ciao Francesco,
I am interested in purchasing this car. Can you please provide your e-mail/phone number and I will contact you.
Saluti,

Maurice

Hi all,

I’m selling the Montreal on behalf of my father. 1971 (june), VIN #241, Engine #171, 98k kms.

Pros:

Just professionally repainted in the original orange (the previous owner painted it in silver 741): the paint is flawless and shines like a mirror.
Original interiors (apart from the seats foam which has been recently replaced), the doors trims have been replaced with the ones made by Penatti.
Original metal and glasses all around.
Original jack and tools.
Everything’s working, both mechanical and electrical.
Original Milano plates.
Zero rust.
Engine revs perfectly from 1000 to 7000 without lean spots or hesitations of any kind.
SPICA pump and distributor fully rebuilt by Sepp Burgi (Alfamontreal.ch);
Valves play check done
New Belts
New spark plugs
New brake fluid
New brake master cylinder
BMW front calipers for improved braking (original calipers will come with the car).
New Engine oil (Motul 20W50) and filter
New fuel filters (engine bay and tank)
New air filter
Flushed radiator and new coolant
New gearbox oil
New differential oil
New steering ball joints
New front brake discs
New exhaust (except manifolds)
New period correct Blaupunkt car radio (working)

Cons:

•The XWX are beautiful but old: even if without hurry, they should be replaced
•The thermostatic actuator doesn’t work (it is however with the car) so it has been replaced with a manual actuator made by AFRA (operated from inside the ****pit) which is almost invisible and works well. Basically it’s like to pull the choke in a car equipped with carburetors.

This is how the car runs, that’s a footage taken last summer when the car was still silver: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-montreal/242890-montreal-driving-video.html
These are all the photos I have: https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157631918904231
Thousands of € spent so far on this superb car which needs nothing.

Asking price: €44,000, almost firm.

The car is in Milano. PM me if really interested. Thanks.

View attachment 583234

View attachment 583242

View attachment 583250

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nice! Well bought, that's a good price for a nice car.

Low the Orange, but also love the Silver. Don't see many in Silver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts