Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
A few recent updates with my project. I have resealed and replace the ball bearings in the Burman steering Box and assembled the front suspension with the BMW ATE
brake calipers

·
Push hard and live
9,192 Posts
Did you include the 1mm thick washers/shims under the caliper ears to correctly center the calipers over the rotor?

·
Push hard and live
9,192 Posts
By the way... the Bilsteins on mine were the only thing I didn’t like about the car. Far too much harshness.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Did you include the 1mm thick washers/shims under the caliper ears to correctly center the calipers over the rotor?
I did not and I will take some measurements, I did remove all powder coating from the caliper mounting interface and rotor to hub interface. Thank you for the heads up Don!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Early Norma band clamps and serrated vacuum hose for the headlight eyelids

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
Where are the Hose Clamps, grooved Hose and Green Plastic Hose available?
Hi Karl,

The green hose and spring clamps are available from Eurotrash Jambalaya Eurotrash Jambalaya, Vintage European Motorcycle Parts at Eurojamb.com

The Norma band clamps from Bell Metric Normafix Normetta Clamp Banding : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

The Rubber Serrated hose Monotaro in Japan Rubber Air Hose, Serrated TOGAWA RUBBER Rubber Hoses [MonotaRO Singapore] 6~

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the information. I am interested in the Rubber Serrated Hose. I remember having it in my car years ago but it started to get cracked and I replaced it without thinking too much. What is the ID of the Hose you are using? Looks great in the pictures. The Togawa Rubber website has so many different sizes...!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the information. I am interested in the Rubber Serrated Hose. I remember having it in my car years ago but it started to get cracked and I replaced it without thinking too much. What is the ID of the Hose you are using? Looks great in the pictures. The Togawa Rubber website has so many different sizes...!!!
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your phone call this morning, I have no idea what happened when you got disconnected! And that was my landline which does not show "caller identity" So I am trying to get back to you on this site. If you can, please call me on 248) 766 9141.
Let me know what I owe you for the Hose and the shipping and I will send the money through PayPal.
Thanks again Jeff and I hope to hear from you soon.

Karl Robertson
4818 Malibu Drive
Bloomfield Hills
Michigan 48302
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Excellent attention to detail and beautifully executed work! Well done Jeff, keep up the good work.
It will be such a nice car to drive.
Mark

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
By the way... the Bilsteins on mine were the only thing I didn’t like about the car. Far too much harshness.
My car came with Bilstein shock absorbers and stock springs. The ride is supple and very comfortable...I like the Bilstein shocks as well or maybe better than the Koni shocks and Shankle springs on the Duetto.

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I picked up this rubber battery tray from OKP in Germany this week and the fit is very nice.

It was listed in the Fiat parts section on their web site but the applications on the parts sticker says Alfa Romeo

Jeff

121 - 133 of 133 Posts