1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys:

Below is my copy from OLD Ebay listing (not on Ebay now!):

9K/OBO-contact me for more pictures

After five years I am finally parting with my beloved "Atomic Dog." AR series "105.09"; never offered in this country. This little jewel has served me faithfully and has never once failed to start. I purchased it five years ago from the previous owner in Atlanta, Georgia. Since then I have made the following improvements: Complete reconditioned brakes in 2005 (all new wheel cylinders and master cylinder) Toyo tires 165 x 15; Head rebuilt and new paint job in 2007.
This car spent most of its' life in Bologna, Italy, and was owned and driven by a pharmacist. In 2004 it was sold to its' first American owner and then to the gent that I bought it from. The original color was medium metallic silver. However, my Italian body man, Fausto, convinced me that this car should be a much more zesty and fanciful color , which would be more befitting of the car's character. Hence, it was repainted AR301 "Celeste"- Sky Blue.
The car still possesses the original rubber floor mats and trunk mat although they have gotten a bit fragile. Likewise, the headliner is intact, but does have some staining. The front seat (which is covered in the picture) does need to be redone as does its' support - this needs to be welded. However, I drive it around with no problems just as it is. The engine does burn some oil (about 1 US QT/600 miles).The paint job is showing some slight bubbling, especially on the right rear fender and a little on the left headlight surround. I have tried to portray these peccadillos in the pictures, but they don't seem to come out well. The car does show very well, despite these slight imperfections. Likewise, the front driver's wheel well has been spot-repaired as you can see in the pictures. Minimal rust , especially for an almost 40 year old specimen. Overall,no real structural problems that I am aware of. Just about everything works on this car to include the anemic rear window de-icer. Dog has a capacious trunk.
Even before its' new paint job, this car always garnered more than its' fair share of attention. My wife was always initially flattered when she noticed looks of appreciation, but then realized it wasn't for her, but for the car (hope she's not reading this..). If you know anything about Alfa Romeo 1300cc engines, you know that you have to rev them quite a bit to get up to speed, but once you do, the twin Dell'orto carburetors allow this car to scream and move like the proverbial raped ape. Aping this last comment (I couldn't resist!) ,this car is truly a barrel of monkeys to drive and has the best brakes of any Alfa I have ever owned (very important). It is a car that you can get in and drive right now as it is or put some money into it and bring it up to Concours quality. This car is available for pick up only.
I have tried to show as much of the rocker panels/undercarraige as possible. I 'm sure I'll get more questions asking for yet more pictures of what seems to be an area of much concern with potential buyers. All I can say is: (1) come out and see it for yourself, or (2) Have someone you trust inspect the car for you. I would be more than happy to accommodate viewing and test driving. One picture's worth a thousand words; and one kick of the tires is worth a thousand pictures....

[email protected]/ (301)346-6548

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where can we find the pictures? Doesn't show up on eBay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, NOT presently on Ebay; added some pics. Contact me for more.

CD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
compression test done

Did compression test. Cyliners 1,2,3,4: 180, 172,185,180 psi.

Car to go on Ebay this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts