Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1971 GTV that has flying buttress seats but only the driver has an extendable headrest. Is this normal to have the other without the same headrest? Also how common are these seats in this car? Does anyone sell upholstery kits for them?
thanks

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
If the headrest on the seat you have is the top 1/3 or so of the seat back, then it is a non-USA passengers seat. In the non-USA cars only the passengers side has the headrest.

If the headrest sits on top of the seat back, it is a USA style seat, and both seats should have headrests.

Both Classic Alfa and Alfaholics (and I'm sure others) have reupolstery kits for both styles of seats.

PS: This is probably not the appropriate section of the forum for this question - you might want to consider asking the moderators to move it to the GT forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird. My car is a Canadian delivery with the headrest on the driver seat but not the passenger like you said. So I don't know what is going on. Thanks for the input. BTW I don't really know how to move this post. :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts