Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this GTV as a project last year- to build a little autocross car. Bought it in March or April and I was diagnosed with Cancer in August. So due to health issues it probably makes sense to find it a good home, as I don't have enough energy for all my projects.

This is a solid 1971 GTV which had a motor with a chunked piston. I had a friend help me pull the old engine and I have a european 1750 with webers on a stand that is ready to go in. I also have a new clutch to install. (thanks to another BB member for the motor).

While the motor turns and compression feels good and I expect will run well, the car will need to be gone through to make it driveable-especially the brakes. Also needs a gas tank. I have a few spares for it. All in all its a complete solid project.

Its an original silver car and I have paperwork confirming that. It also has a clear title and was an original blue-plate car.

Body is very solid and I have pics to show of all the GTV typical rot spot areas- Good floor and rails and trunks- Of course it will need paint and some rust patching here and there but what a great starting point.

She has a cracked windshield but I have a spare. Interior is decent and tires are new.

I am selling her at a loss for $5000. I have several thousand more in her than that.

It just seems like now is a good time to find her a home; but if I can't I will keep her.

Thanks all for looking at this ad. She is located in MD 21771.

Contact me through the BB and I will reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Please call - 1750 GTV

Thanks for posting your GTV project. I had a 1750 GTV project 10 years ago and was never able to complete it. Ended up donation it. I can be reached at 315-289-4841

Thanks,

Eric Schnettler
Syracuse, NY

·
Registered
186 Posts
Still have the car?

Is the car still available or has it been sold? If you still have it I am interested in pics and a time to go see it. I live in Laurel MD and every once in a while go up to the Crazy Rya's up at Mt. Airy.
By the way they had an Alfa out in the yard a few weeks ago.
Luis
[email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your interest.

I will let you know.

I have a prospective buyer who is making arrangements for this weekend.

I will let you know either way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold

Sold to a very nice gentleman from NY who will give this GTV the care that it deserves. I would not be surprised if it was on the road by summer.

Thanks All.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts