Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1971 GTV 1750 Bertone Coupe. This is a very clean car that has been nicely restored to original condition and appearance. It’s very reliable and runs strong (as 1750s are known to do).

The paint is a nice rich color that gets compliments all the time. The paint job is a few years old and has its normal amount of surface wear and tear. But, in a way, that helps with the vintage look of the vehicle.

- The interior (wood, seats, dash, carpet, etc. have all been redone – which makes for a real nice feel when you get into the car)
- Vintage wheels, tires and hub caps
- All gears shift smoothly into place
- Becker Europa radio
- All lights, gauges, heater, fans, windshield wipers work properly
- No rust issues

I’ve driven this car on many of the rallys around the Bay Area over the last few years. I’ve also taken it on a number of solo drives – just for fun. It’s a real nice driving Alfa.

If you need an absolute “10” show car, this vehicle is not the answer. But if you want or know anyone that wants a great vintage looking and strong running GTV, there’s a good chance this may be the car.

$13,700

Please call (925) 355-1306 with any questions. Additional pictures furnished individually upon request.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
How much rust does or did this car have? Posting more pictures detailing the condition of the interior and undercarriage would help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I've seen the car in person and I saw no rust whatsoever.

That, and cars generally don't rust here. Why else would we pay so much to live here?!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I understand what you are saying. However, I traveled all the way to San Francisco a couple of years ago to buy a supposedly rust free GTV6 that turned out to have rusty front shock towers. So much for the land of the rust free. Besides, the ad says nothing about where the car is from or located. He may have merely been visiting Marin.

And I am still waiting for some kind of reply from the owner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guessing from his phone number and the fact that he goes to lots of local events, I'd say it's a local car.

Not to mention the original blue plates.

But why am I trying to sell you on a car I want for myself? :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
What blue plates? They are not in the picture. And without looking up an area code, how do I know where a phone number originates? Besides, many today move with their phone numbers.

I don't know - why don't you just buy it so I can quit wanting it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Owners reply

Hello,

The car is a blue plate car and it has resided in California for at least the last 10 years. I'm not sure I have any records that go back further than that but I could check. When I purchased the car (4 years ago) I was asking the same type of rust questions so I understand why they are being asked now. There is no rust.

I live in Northern California in a town between Walnut Creek and Pleasanton. I received a number of calls yesterday and had some nice conversations about the car. I am about ready to send a bunch of additional pictures to each person who called - along with a much more in-depth description of the things that have been done to this car.

I prefer not to place a ton of pictures on the bulletin board but attached are just a couple more that may be helpful. Again, if you have questions or would like additional pictures, please give me a call at the phone number in the first post.

Thank You.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you. I am sure the car will sell quickly to someone more local. You seem to be priced fairly and the car appears to be a solid example.

·
Premium Member
22,795 Posts
PM sent. A friend asked me to look at it for him. He lives out of state but is moving in state shortly; he's quite interested. I'm in Berkeley and can get to 925 land easily to see it. Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
FWIW...(Without having seen it in person)... given the photos, and if the description is accurate, this GTV looks like a VERY good deal!!! Good luck to both seller and future new owner.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
1971 GTV 1750 Bertone Coupe. This is a very clean car that has been nicely restored to original condition and appearance. It’s very reliable and runs strong (as 1750s are known to do).

The paint is a nice rich color that gets compliments all the time. The paint job is a few years old and has its normal amount of surface wear and tear. But, in a way, that helps with the vintage look of the vehicle.

- The interior (wood, seats, dash, carpet, etc. have all been redone – which makes for a real nice feel when you get into the car)
- Vintage wheels, tires and hub caps
- All gears shift smoothly into place
- Becker Europa radio
- All lights, gauges, heater, fans, windshield wipers work properly
- No rust issues

I’ve driven this car on many of the rallys around the Bay Area over the last few years. I’ve also taken it on a number of solo drives – just for fun. It’s a real nice driving Alfa.

If you need an absolute “10” show car, this vehicle is not the answer. But if you want or know anyone that wants a great vintage looking and strong running GTV, there’s a good chance this may be the car.

$13,700

Please call (925) 355-1306 with any questions. Additional pictures furnished individually upon request.
Hahaha, who's the wingnut standing in the back ground next to the trailer? Oh yeah, that would be me. Its not very often I see myself in a pic, let alone someone elses pic.

Nice car, I hope it goes to a good home.

Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the car has sold

Hello,

The money was wired and has shown up in the account so this car is sold. Thanks to all who called and sent PMs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts