·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale in Toronto:

'71 GTV 1750
- complete car - no oddball missing bits or inclusions
- No cosmetic rust, but possibly some hiding in the door sills
- very clean interior - no cracks anywhere. Good upholstery.
- originally NA spec (Spica fuel injection), but converted to Webers
- Shankle sway bars front and rear
- Koni Reds
- Ansa exhaust but has a small hole
- Momo wheels

Needs - shortish term
- drivers side window mech. - cable has broken.

Needs - mid term
- all suspension bushings replaced. They are tired.
- new cental exhaust

Needs - long term
- paint has cracking. It would do for a respray.

Photos can be seen here:
1971 Alfa GTV

Looking for $14K

For further info please contact me at:
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
OT- The Golden Jet was a great one. Bobby Orr was the greatest.:D

Nice car, wonderful model year.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks quite nice at a buyer friendly price. Does the car have any Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson provenance?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Love the hockey banter boys!!! Greatest game on earth with the most humble, benevolent, civic minded athletes of all the sports...No athlete earns his money like a hockey player does...Hope my Rangers can get back in their series tomorrow....LET'S GO RANGERS !!!:)

PS- Nice GT...Let's go Alfa....

·
Registered
705 Posts
wasnt bobby the inventor of the slap shot?
No, Boom Boom Geoffrion was the original innovator. We actually became good friends in Atlanta when he was the coach of the Flames. He brought his Mercedes to my shop for repair.

Later he worked for The Miller Brewing Company. You might remember the TV commericals. HIs job was to go into bars and buy people beers! The funnt thing was he just could not drink. Two bbers and he was tanked. He died a few years ago of stomach cancer, He always had stomach issues.

He was a tremedous skater and shooter. The mans hands were huge and so was his heart.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Boomer's grandson Danny Geoffrion, a former Hobey Baker winner (top US collegiate player) currently plays for the Nashville Predators. Don't know what type of car he drives...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Go Bruins! those kids have a big heart winning two games in Montreal and shutting up those fans for good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Years ago, I built a canoe. The joke came up that if I were to name it, it would have to be called Bobby. Bobby Hull. Of course, Bobby Hull would would be paddle by ......

Yes, Bobby Oar! Badoom Bah!

Now, anyone want to buy my car????
:)

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts
Davebert:

You live in Hockeytown now. Repeat after me: "Everything good about hockey was invented here ,anyone named Lemieux is a bum, there is nothing unusual about throwing Octopi on the ice, anyone named Claude is a bum, bring back fighting, it's ok to root for Tampa Bay, Don Cherry clearly hates Detroit, anyone born after 1986 after that doesn't play for Detroit or its affiliates is a bum". :D

I would feel badly about highjacking this thread but I figure it keeps the thread at the top. Buy this car and Go Wings!

·
Registered
58 Posts
alfa mechanic

Hi Bobby. Nice car and good luck with the sale. I live in Pickering and have an 1983 Spider. Looking for a decent mechanic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sam

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tarnow, got to correct you....Danny was Boomer's son, not grandson...Blake is the grandson that won the Hobey Baker and plays for the Preds...Not trying to be picky, just factual...besides, I'm all burned up by my Rangers again.....Look at Vancouver choking....Look at the Bruins comeback....Look at this beautiful Alfa !!!! Good luck with the sale...;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alfahlico is spot on, I got my Geoffrion generations (Danny and Blake) mixed up; I saw the Boomer play his last season in '68 with the Blueshirts (currently playing in their annual Sather sponsored golf tourney). He briefly coached in '69, the year my Super was built. I think Bobby Hull's Bertone is quite nice and either Phil Kessel or Dion Phaneuf should buy it with some of their spare change.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts