Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Brooklyn NY. I have just purchased my dream car restoration project and I am excited to share it on this forum, and to have access to all of the info and knowledge on this site. Let me start with a quick intro into my world of Alfa Romeo, followed by the info on this project.

Last July, I received a call from a good friend asking if I am interested in a 1985 Alfa Spider. Given my natural love for everything old, I said YES! two days later I was the proud new owner of a very rough looking Spider. Naturally I did my research and found Alfa Import Center, had the car towed there, and two days later I had an excellent runner. I have been enjoying this car ever since. It is safe to say that I have caught the Alfa Bug.

Fast forward to 2 month ago when I was hanging out at Alfa Import Center and I happened to tell Guiseppe that I am interested in a GTV project. He showed me a project he had for a while which was an abandoned restoration that was started by a friend of his. I examined the photos, had many conversations with Guiseppe and his son.. Yada, yada, yada, I am a proud new owner of this GTV! With the help of two friends, one of which is a extremely talented fabricator, and the other a very talented mechanic, and myself who come from a motorcycle restoration background, we plan to get this car back to its former glory.

I plan on cataloging all the work on this website and also plan on starting a YouTube Channel to show progress as well. Please stay tuned for all that. I will update on here once it is set up. In the meantime please see below for all the photos I posses of my new beauty. All comments are welcomed. Thank you.
IMG_0265.JPG

·
Administrator
14,455 Posts
Looks tidy. Watching with enthusiasm

Pete

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Very cool. Sad to have moved out of Brooklyn only weeks ago. Glad the borough has another 1750 replacing mine!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool. Sad to have moved out of Brooklyn only weeks ago. Glad the borough has another 1750 replacing mine!
**** sorry I missed you. I’m actually starting a little shop for my motorcycle and car projects. If you’re ever in town you should stop by.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Where's the new shop at?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright fellow Alfisti. The day has come, and I have finally taken delivery of my 1971 USA Spec GTV 1750. Im happy to say that it is all I expected and more. Its a great start to a restoration project. A bit overwhelming to receive a car that has been almost fully stripped down and all of the parts are in boxes. After giving it a once over I'm thinking that about 90% of the car is here. Im in the process of freshening up my workshop to have space to work on this project. Currently the shop is set up as a motorcycle shop, as I have been building vintage Triumph for the past 5 years. Anyways my wife kindly took some photos as we were unloading the trailer so I thought I would keep you guys posted. Giuseppe and his son are both gentlemen for delivering the car safe and sound. First step is to send the motor bits out for Vapor Honing. I have used this process for many Triumph motors, and the results are amazing. PM me for details about the shop I use. The guys is in Neptune, NJ and he runs a great little operation out of his home garage. Enjoy the photos and ill be checking in soon with more photos of the car and shop. Threw in some bike photos as well.
updates!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts