Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Pretty rare to see a 1971 1750 FI Berlina. Probably with hanging pedals. I don't think those taillights are correct for the 71.? Those are 2000 taillights.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Is $9,000 the current market price for a "driver" condition Berlina? I don't know - I'm not challenging the asking price - just asking. If so, Berlina prices have really risen in the past couple of years (of course, what hasn't?).

David: There is a Berlina with A/C (and a later, Bosch EFI engine) on Bring A Trailer. See: http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-alfa-romeo-berlina/

·
Registered
403 Posts
Project Car

This is no driver, it has been off the road many years and will take a labor of love to bring it back. (not Jason's car, the Craigslist car)

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
Factory AC on a Berlina is going to be a rare find. Not to mention, it's not likely to work, and finding replacement parts, I don't know how easy that is.
I've seen only one ever, AR*3003454*, I got for free as a parts car, was later cut up by someone else. Here it is with my late cat trying to figure to get the AC unit out without opposable thumbs.

I would say $9000 is not market price for the Santa Clara 71 car, but it's also not an insane price if you want one. Complete running 71s are, as I just read in a Brit bike mag, "rare as fowl's dentures."
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
I've heard of subsequent contacts on the Santa Clara car, so I guess it's not sold yet.

I just happened to talk to the guy in Kansas, totally a fluke, who bought Jason's blue car off BaT. I was buying a Bilstein clock from him on ebay and we got to talking. Small world.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The blue Berlina sold through BaT auction was a steal based on the condition of the car. I was tempted to bid but that would have meant putting the 69 Spider on the market. That thought alone made me hold off on bidding...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts