Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

Not my car, just happened to spot it in the bone yard...Ecology Auto, 13780 Imperial Highway, Santa Fe Springs, California, 90670

1971 Berlina, S/N 1557189.

1750 Injected Motor missing the Cam Cover and the Distributor otherwise appears to be complete. (Shankle Sticker under the hood and it does have a long tube header...)

Transmission shifts thru all the gears with no problem...

Interior is pretty trashed...

Exterior isn't in bad condition, no apparent crashes, no major rust in the rockers...BUmpers are there, doors hood, trunk lid all close...

Suspension is under the car with the steel wheels still on it...

I'll be back up there tomorrow (Saturday 7/2/2011) and can snap some pictures if anyone is interested

·
Registered
434 Posts
If someone would be up for the challenge...

I would be interested in the front windshield trim if it is a gasket type windshield and is complete/serviceable. I would naturally pay for the part, the mark up for time and effort to get the part, pack the part and of course pay for shipping to Massachusetts.

Andrew

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vespam,

Always good to meet a fellow Alfisti...

Your Gulia project looks great...

Best luck on the refresh...

I'm sure we'll have a chance to meet in the future...

Regards,

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
71 Berlina Gauges

Greetings Berlina Folks,

I was back at the boneyard yesterday and being an alfa nut I couldn't walk away leaving some of the bits and pieces off this car...

I rescued the Veglia Speedometer, Veglia Tachometer, the Fuel and Oil gauges we there as well...

The Ash Tray is clean...

They seem to be in pretty good condition...

Anyone have a need for these???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,619 Posts
Andrew C, US Berlinas had gasket glass in 1969, glued glass 1971-1974. Everywhere but the US had gasket glass all years.
Amazing a Berlina made it to the wrecking yard. Thanks for snagging the VIN, I appreciate it. It sounds a shame it got junked. What color, and what color interior? This is not a car I had on the Register.
Andrew

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andrew,

Very sad to see an Alfa in the wrecking yard...

The car is a light blue but I believe it was likely a beige color originally and the interior was deep red color...

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,765 Posts
I could use the ashtray, $20 shipped?

Are you going back? I could use the rear ashtrays, a trunk mat set, coolant overflow bottle, washer bag, Oil Separator Valve and big hoses and possibly a few other things. I'm happy to agree on prices first to make it worth your while.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ian, let me see what my weekend looks like...the ash tray is already spoken for. Trunk mats were not there...Oil sepatator was there, don't recall on the overflow bottle and washer bag...if you want to, PM me your phone number and I'll touch bases with you while I'm onsite to determine what you might be able to use...

Regards,

·
Registered
202 Posts
Need a Steel Wheel

If the wheels are the same as my 67 Duetto I am looking for a good spare? I have the 15 inch silver painted wheels.

Al

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings Berlina Folks,

A moment of silence...I made a run up to the yard today and she has gone to the big recycling yard in the sky...

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Argh, so bummed. <silence>

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Ian, sent you a PM for parts, incl the ashtray like the one pictured above, 4 new sealed headlights, grab handles, a radiator, many door panels, a heater and misc. I also have a factory US Berlina parts book that I would sell. I think I paid around $50 a few years ago. Not sure if it is 72, 73 or 74.

Prefer not to ship anything, except maybe the book or smaller.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Richard, I sent a PM. I'm happy to take whatever you don't want off your hands, and am interested in the parts manual and would pay for it.

We can set up a time offline, whatever I don't want I'll post up for others.

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
One more SPICA pump bites the dust.
Along with a pretty much complete 1750 engine and lots of good Berlina trim pieces.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts