Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
A couple of questions regarding the installation of the twinspark. Did you modify the right side inner fender to accommodate the intake tract?

I was under the impression that one must eliminate the cam driven distributor due to interference from the radiator. Obviously you did not need to do this. Am I misinformed or did you make some other modification?

I would have asked about the beautiful wheels and they way they fill out the flares, but I found it on your website. Love it.

Speaking of the flares, are these the Goodrich flares? I am working on a similar project, 69 GTV with a twinspark. I have been thinking about doing the flares, but am still undecided.

Regards,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
answers on GTAm

Oversteer: I'd loose the fuel injection in favour of a pair fo webers 45, and then it would be perfect!!

Went round after round on that one... maybe 2 years until I reached a decision.. had to do with what I could do afterwards.. to increase HP.. wanted the option to add a turbo if desired.

Racer X: A couple of questions regarding the installation of the twinspark. Did you modify the right side inner fender to accommodate the intake tract? Well since I used the wider fender flairs and cut out the existing, there was not need. It is a very very tight fit and the K&N Filter unit butts up against the wall.

I was under the impression that one must eliminate the cam driven distributor due to interference from the radiator. Obviously you did not need to do this. Am I misinformed or did you make some other modification? That is correct... we opted for removal of the existing fan and placed an electric fan on the radiator. Additionally we opted for a radiator that would fit and the distributor is millimeters away from the radiator... again a very tight fit.

I would have asked about the beautiful wheels and they way they fill out the flares, but I found it on your website. Love it. Wheel decision was a long one as well... wanted the racing look.. looked at UltraLights out of Australia but they could not accommodate our holes, so we opted for American Racing... and what an awesome decision.. for a little more money we got a much better wheel. Lots of planning went into how the wheel, tire would fit into the flared fenders... didn't want that "kit" look and the offset was perfect!

Speaking of the flares, are these the Goodrich flares? I am working on a similar project, 69 GTV with a twinspark. I have been thinking about doing the flares, but am still undecided. Flares are AWESOME.. they make the car in my opinion... you see a lot of GTVs on the road, but few with well done fenders... don't get the bolt on or rivets, they look cheap / unfinished... these were fiberglass and Al had a few sets... he used to own a plastic infusion-mold business and knew what he was doing... we opted to use industrial adhesive and make the body look as a single unit.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts