1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is impressive just failed to reach reserve, bid to $49,500 on BAT

I can only see it as a custom car built to the builder's taste
1971_alfa_romeo_giulia_super_main view.jpg
following the lines of "Fast n Loud" series , if it looks right it is right. Of course they would never touch an alfa

No originality just great looking car which has bid as high as any Giulia ( except TI)
1971_alfa_romeo_giulia_super_interior.jpg
s s. 2.1 litre engine, GTA seats, 2600 gauges, custom hidden wirng loom, straight A to B brake pipes just great . Way to go 1300 owners. There is someone ot there with 49.5k just waiting

1971_alfa_romeo_giulia_super_under bonnet.jpg

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,020 Posts
I thought it did not meet reserve at 49.5k.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I fell in lust w/ the BAT Giulia 1300/2.1 above. Spoke with the owner via email (a member here I believe) after the auction ended. He feels he can sell it this weekend for $60K to one of the few folks scheduled to see it. On one hand, very surprised the reserve was so high. On the other, it's very appealing and done to what appears to be a very high standard. And when you look at the prices of what a good Porsche 911 longhood outlaw are starting to command, it may not be insane. Maybe...

If one were to purchase the 16K Euro car above, import it and contract a similar high-standard hot rod build in LA, could it be done for less than $50K? I'd like to think so, but it seems unlikely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts