Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a true barn find. I just purchased this Berlina not too long ago. It was stored in a barn (steel building) since 1985. It still wears the Ohio plate with Nov/84 expiration sticker. The gentleman I purchased it from got married and had three children in 1985. Lost interest in the car and just parked it. It's in fantastic shape thanks to being stored in a dry building on a concrete floor. I had to wipe it down inside and out to remove LOTS of dust. There isn't much rust on the Alfa with the exception of the inside rockers and a couple of holes in the floor (both sides). The engine compartment is completely rust free and the trunk has two small holes. There is some bondo blistering on the rear door bottoms. Rest of the car is in real nice, solid shape.
Previous owner states he was the third owner (1981-2014). He had carried out the rust repair on the doors and welded on the new rockers in 1983. Car ran when he parked it. The 1750cc motor turns over with a jumper box and is free. I have not attempted to start it since the entire fuel system will need flushed and thoroughly cleaned. The gas tank has about a gal of stale gas in it.

Interior is in pretty good shape with a cracked dash and ripped driver seat bottom. I have a spare seat with a good bottom (tan in color) with will go with car as well as several other parts that are boxed...lights, gaskets, filters, seals as well as a very nice set of spare stainless bumpers and seats.

A very nice Super Sprint exhaust system is still in great shape and there are a nice pair of Cibie concave headlights in the grille.

I am asking $6000 but would really like to trade for a Giulia Coupe. Pretty much any year without a drivetrain and interior if need be but must have a good body with very little to no rust. A coupe with a ratty interior and tired or no engine but good body shell would fit the bill. (I have a drivetrain and complete interior for a '74 GTV that I'm looking to place into a coupe).

I will arrange transportation for delivery of this Berlina and pick-up of Coupe within a 400 mile radius of Columbus, OH.

Clear Ohio title. Have original Service booklet...car first registered Aug, 29th 1972, Columbus, OH, Continental Sports Cars.
VIN: AR1557412
Miles: 72,866

Please feel free to call or email with questions.
Thanks,

Mark
(614) 296-7035

Here are 23 pix...https://imageshack.com/a/umqz/1

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car is sold

Found a new home today.