Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 1971-74 Alfa Spider, preferring a 1971. I have a passion for Alfa's and am looking for a presentable driver, not necessarily a show piece. If you have one that wants a loving home, let me know and we can talk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
alfa spyder

i have a titled 1975 alfa spyder that is truly a 1974 . its been my weekend driver for 20 years. it is ferrari lusso red with black interior,auto power roll bar, 4point belts. enki 15-7 wheels with nice 195-60 dunlaps. i hate to part with it , but iam just finishing up a 9 year project on a 1971 spyder and the 1975 must go. i take it on all our alfa club events. call me at 714-841-1249 in calif. if interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds racy! Let me think on it, I have a lead on a 71 which I would prefer! What is an auto power roll bar? Sounds like you've been racing in it?

·
Registered
692 Posts
alfasue, where are you located?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
She is beautiful! I am in Salinas California, which is near Monterey/Carmel. You? Picture looks like a horse ranch. Of course, Tennesee!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sue, you should be able to find one much much closer, although I am holding out to sell this to a jr. memeber ie 30 or < or a girl, as we need your kind driving alfas rather than just ole codgers like us .... good luck ... walking horse farm across street from my house ..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I may not be junior, but am definitely female. I owned an 86 Quadrifoglio spider for a number of years and when at a show I was made an offer I could not refuse, in an effort to fianance a 2600 that my to-be-ex decided he would restore. Needless to say, many years later, I now have an appeasement gift from him of a fairly rough 91 spider and I just don't like it. I don't like the drive, I don't like the handling, I don't like the car. So, I figure, time to set off for what I do want. Having been around Alfas since 1986, I have seen many and fallen in love with them, my favorite of the Alfa spider being the intial camtails after the duettos. Duettos are running very high and I think a camtail is more in my budget. Thus, that is why I am here. I have been watching the ads, but these seem few and far between out here!

Area looks lovely! So green! We are in our "golden" months here in CA!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Yes, patience is hard, but I am trying. This route is new to me (put out what is wanted) and I thought, what the heck, just ask and see what comes back! It is to be my weekend fun car. I am a road warrior, averaging 100 miles/day for work, so I want a fun in the sun car for the weekends. I also like doing road tours with the Alfa club. I have a BFF that is also into cars, she has a 76 alfa her uncle gave her and a replica Porche 356. I enjoy being a car gal!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Oh, as an aside, did you paint that? Quite the artist! And thanks for the pics!
Oh yeah - That's Jerry's signature on the horse farm. You would enjoy many of his other posts - he is a BIG time contributor, and his sense of humor shines through in his art....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
p.s.
My Spider is a MUCH darker green than Jerry featured it. :D
And with Panasports....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am looking for a 1971-74 Alfa Spider, preferring a 1971. I have a passion for Alfa's and am looking for a presentable driver, not necessarily a show piece. If you have one that wants a loving home, let me know and we can talk.
I have a 76 spider. Mechanically excellent post overhaul with new convertor and fuel pump. In need to cosmetics. I am in Northern California. msa

·
Registered
692 Posts
No one out there on left coast with a nice reasonably priced car to g
Help this young lady in her time of need ?? certainly some

1 - 20 of 21 Posts