Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My garage has been filling up with 1971-1974 Spider stainless bumpers and parts. I need the cash and the space so they've got to go. All could use a good cleanup and maybe some polishing to clean up light scratches, etc. I will do my best to keep shipping as reasonable as possible on all of these. All prices are OBO, but I think these are pretty well priced compared to eBay / etc.

First - a very nice rear bumper for '73-'74 cars with the rubber bumperettes. No significant damage to speak of. Sold!Compare to $900 for a repro at Centerline.

Next - a complete front bumper, also for '73 and '74. Also in very nice shape, and very complete. Some light scratches and dings also no significant damage. Includes the front bumper mount. Minor cracks in one of the lenses but it's still very usable. SOLD! Compare to over $1050 at Centerline, without the mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Next, another '73-'74 front bumper. Not in quite as nice of shape; missing one bumperette, one lens has a lovely plastic tape patch, and the tops have a couple of dents in them. Driver's side SOLD, still have the passenger side (with the tape).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The next set are from a '71.

The rear bumper is nice overall, but has some waviness around the holes where the license plate lights mount and a dent on one corner, as seen in the pics. I do have the lights but they're pretty chewed up. They're yours if you want them.$250.

Also the front left bumper for a '71 in pretty good shape. Includes the early style mounting bar.SOLD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The right front from the '71, which has seen better days. At least the lens is OK. SOLD for this poor thing.

And finally my one and only grille from the '71, hence the Milano badge. Chrome has some pitting but would still clean up pretty well. SOLD compared to $239 at Centerline. I saved the special chrome screws for you.

PM or e-mail if you're interested.
Thanks, Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spider 1980 bumpers

Hi,
I need both rear and front chrome bumpers+grille for my 1980 (kamm tail/ 2 series spider. As far as I know your part would fit once the ugly rubber bumpers are removed. Questions is - what would your total be and do you ship to Europe ( should not be any problem)
regards
Tony

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
I need both rear and front chrome bumpers+grille for my 1980 (kamm tail/ 2 series spider. As far as I know your part would fit once the ugly rubber bumpers are removed. Questions is - what would your total be and do you ship to Europe ( should not be any problem)
regards
Tony
I'm not an expert on the later Euro S2 Spiders but I believe they're similar to the '71-'72 style. If you remove the bumperettes from the '73-'74 style bumpers it leaves a hole in the rubber face of the bumper, as can be seen in one of the front bumper pics.

If you're still interested PM and I can look into Euro shipping. I'd suggest sending the front bumpers without the frame, since I believe that was only needed for '73-'74 US cars.

Best,
Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bumpers etc

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply. I did forget to mention that this is a California car. And I am about to make it to the European original - i.e. get rid of the ugly rubber bumpers
best
Tony

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply. I did forget to mention that this is a California car. And I am about to make it to the European original - i.e. get rid of the ugly rubber bumpers
best
Tony
OK, that makes more sense now. As I understand you can remove the bumperettes from the front and swap in a rubber insert from the euro cars, if you can find them. I don't think there's much you can do about removing the bumperettes from the back bumper though.

PM if you're still interested.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for those who posted here and didn't get a response - I've been checking PMs occasionally but have not been on the forums often recently. I've updated the initial posts with the current status; the '71 front bumpers, grille, and '73-'74 rear bumpers have been sold and delivered. I still have both sets of '73-'74 bumpers and will consider splitting up the sets. I also have the '71 rear bumper still. Take a look at the new prices and send a PM or (preferably) use the e-mail option from the forum if you're interested, before I end up putting them on evilBay.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any updated status on these parts? Need a grill and some bumpers for a 1974 Spider.
I've got a driver-quality 1974 Spider stainless rear bumper available. It has a bit of waviness and small scratches in spots, but a good shop should be able to remove the blemishes and restore/polish it nicely. It includes the rubber molding strip and the two rubber "pads" in good condition. One of the threaded mounting studs is also missing, but it shouldn't be a problem in regular use (it was on my car like that for 20+ years!). Contact me if interested.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All I have left are the '71-'72 rear bumper and the passenger's side front bumper with the tape patch. Well, and the two mustache shaped mounting bars.

-Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.