Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have referenced this car to a few bb posters who mentioned they were looking for this particular model spider...so let's put it out there 'officially' for anyone who might want it.

Last winter I obtained a '71 1750 spider in exceptional original condition....apparently garaged it's entire life and only two former owners. I have since obtained original parts to take it completely back to stock. It seems to be the PERFECT candidate for a full blown restoration, is a GREAT color, and I am willing to sell to someone here who wants to make a go of the restoration as storage once winter comes is gonna bite me on the arse. Little to NO rust.

Price; ask $7,500.

pm me if interested, thanks

ps, I could perhaps be persuaded to part with any number of aftermarket wheel sets for this car as well...will cost extra; I have rare Ruspa's, Momo 'Vega's', Cromodora 'Daytona's' available

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Been looking for one on and off recently. However, $7500 seems like over the top money for a restoration project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spare wheels

Hey - nice looking car. I'm interested in your spare wheels, specifically the Daytonas. Are they available without the car, or were you trying to sell them with the car? Do you have any pics. Please e-mail me or call. Thanks,

George

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey - nice looking car. I'm interested in your spare wheels, specifically the Daytonas. Are they available without the car, or were you trying to sell them with the car? Do you have any pics. Please e-mail me or call. Thanks,

George
[email protected]
630-606-5616
maybe you should read the post directly above yours, eh? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate the response from both members. Great way to welcome the new guy who maybe doesn't know how these threads work. Thanks for the crash course. Good luck selling your car; wish I had the space.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Update....lowering price to $7,400. :D
For everything it's got going for it, in the condition it's in, this is a very fair price. Remember kids, buy the best car you can afford. A friend bought a '74 for $4k, and it needs everything. He's already at Simon's asking price and the car still needs panels replaced and the interior done, and of course paint. He will be in it 15K soon. He should have waited for a car like this to come along.

·
Registered
763 Posts
This guy has like 20 threads going to sell his car. Please dont post in other's threads about your car for sale.

Good luck with the sale of the 71!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Don't do business with "Sean", the guy who hijacked this thread by trying to sell his car here. The douche sent me a PM calling me an ***, I guess because I called him out. We don't need people like that here.:mad:
I'd pay more for a car if I respected the owner, and I'd pass on a car if I didn't like him. Obviously no sale for him!:D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As it gets later in the year and the weather cools off, it will be harder to sell a convertible. If it doesn't sell in a month or so, maybe it might be better to wait until spring to promote again. Just don't compromise on the price too much in the winter months, since the car likely will sell for more as the weather warms up again... I'm just sayin...;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
All true and thanks for sayin so, but two 'counterpoints'....with winter approaching it makes for an excellent winter project!

...and I have car storage issues :/

And only in vintage Alfa spider land is $7k+ "all the money".
Ahh. Carry on then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't help asking - Why no more photos? This listing has drawn a very large number of views and the car should have sold. I'm East Coast and couldn't consider buying from an ad without a link to lots of photos and a very thorough discussion of the car's condition. What do you mean by "needs restoration"? Looks great to me in the few photos you've shown. Good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Don't think there is not enough information here to entice someone to bite. A few out of focus shots of door jambs isn't gonna do it. No shots of rockers, floors, trunk, etc. Also no mention of mechanical condition - is it even roadworthy? I would love to buy this car but based on this thread I have to assume the car needs paint, engine rebuild, trans rebuild, brake system rebuild, seats re-trimmed, new dash, new top,....

This may indeed be a fantastic car but all of the things of interest to a potential restorer have not been discussed...makes it seem like there is something to hide.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok....so now we know it needs lots of mechanical work in addition to the cosmetic stuff. Can you list the parts that come with the car and do any of those parts include some of the items required to address mechanical issues (I.e. new rear end, brake booster, calipers, etc)?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not sure where you are going with this, lol. Trying to make me look bad or get the price down? Which is it? Lol.
As originally stated, it's seems to me that while these cars are all apart, natural to go through all systems to make it safe 'new' and sound, that was my plan anyway. All of my cars are world class examples, including my spiders, this one, if I keep it is next. Just thought some alfisti would appreciate the opportunity to have a really original an great overall shape '71 1750. You good yet with this? :)
Actually, I was simply trying to help you sell it by suggesting that you include some more specific info about the car and the parts that come with it. No malice intended.

Seems to be a decent resto candidate - best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dug up this old thread to share that this car is SOLD. The one and only person to ever pursue it and see it, acquired it, and drove it 400 miles home on its maiden journey to so. Cal. from Lake Tahoe just last night. All went well. I'll change my avatar.....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi there Simmons,

I was just driving thru to see what's new here.

"Finally" your car sold! You need to let all the folks here know what she sold for.

Russ

PS: My TR3 is great & Jeff is loving my Ex Spider.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts