Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings:

UPDATE 9/14/2011: The project has been sold. Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Seems Like I bit off more than I can chew. My Duetto took 4 years to finish, and now I am into the next project, a 73 Super. That leave the "Barn Find" 1750 GTV I bought in 2008 far down the line. I am considering moving her on to another Alfista who has the necessary time and skill to complete a restoration. No engine or transmission.

She was acquired from another board member, in a listing still available as a history lesson.

Sadly, a bit of damage was done by a falling tree branch, but the biggest issue is the rust in the rockers and surrounds. Only serious addition I have made to the kit is a nice used front windscreen.

I have a few pics up on the Alfamila site.

The GTV is in southern Connecticut. Asking $1500.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Crap! Connecticut! Wrong "C" state.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap! Connecticut! Wrong "C" state.
Hah! Now you know what all of us east of the Mississippi feel about the majority of rust-free cars on the forum. "Crap! California! Wrong "C" state,

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Touche!

:D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Full recent photos

I have taken a full set of photos for those interested. I continue to feel that the rockers and the front pillar bottom are the most egregious faults. The trunk is really solid, including the spare wheel well. Both rear wheel arches are also intact and showing no signs of rust-thru.

I would hope that this 1750 would be restored, not parted out or chopped up, but I respect the judgment of any buyer as to practicality of a restoration. The floor pans and inner/outer rockers are certainly available, but regrettably expensive and require significant skill to install.

The trunk and hood are in fine shape, as is the passenger door. One rust area in the drivers door, as shown. All glass is available, including a used windshield. The original steel wheels are in the car, and she is rolling on a restorable set of Cromodora 14 x 6J rims with worthless rubber. Note that the wheel studs do not have the required length to really secure alloy wheels, and need to be replaced with longer ones if they are to be used.

All the interior and exterior parts which are shown in the photos, even if removed, will be provided to the buyer. The interior is complete, but would need a full re-cover.

The photos are available HERE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts