Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got an old Clarion radio (RN-378M) from the '70s I think, it's got the black plastic fascia attached and I need to take that off before fitting. The inner knobs are off, but I cannot see how the outer part of the knobs come off to get the fascia off, no nuts and no obvious way to get it off. Any ideas? Or any good classic car radio sites I could look at?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Late to the party, but...

Did you solve this?
If you can't see a nut in there to undo, the outer rings should just pull off too, just like the inner knobs.
I take it you aren't able to unclip/remove the face plate until the outer rings come off? To me, that's the give-away that these need to be pulled first.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ,I couldn't solve this. There are no nuts and the knobs should pull off but they do not! I've tried wd40 & a drop of oil but hey will not budge, there is either a secret way to remove them or they are staying on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There may be retaining clips molded into the fascia holding it in from the inside of the outer metal shell. Are there any other screws on the radio? You may have to tear the thing apart from the back to figure out how the front comes off, to avoid damaging the front - often the plastic bezels are extremely brittle plastic.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
they pry off from the front, just like the inner knobs. put a flat screwdriver under them right at the shaft and pry em off

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I'll take a different approach.. The tuning and volume knobs are friction fitted using the slot in the shaft as a guide to relocating them. That we know. At the bottom of each spindle inside the well of the two knobs should be a fine threaded thin nut that holds the fascia on the radio over the spindles.. The nuts can be cylindrical with no flats but could have opposing slots to insert a tool to spin the nut counter clockwise.

Perhaps this is what you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts