Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is a common issue that's been addressed before, but I'm unable to find the right threads.
In any case, the trunk on my 1970 GTV will not pop open when the cable is pulled. It will open if someone lifts it while the cable is pulled. The trunk stays up when it is lifted. I have looked at the mechanism - the springs and torsion bars are there and I have consulted the manual and all appears to be in order. However, as they say, appearances my be deceiving. Can someone please give me a heads-up on what to look for? The wheather stripping (gasket) is definitely old and dry but I don't believe that to be the cause.
Thanks for help. James:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
trunk weatherstrip

It may just be the old compressed trunk weatherstrip. My Dads GTV has the same problem as your GTV, he has the original trunk seal. My GTV has a new trunk seal and it springs up nicely.

·
Registered
101 Posts
trunk won't open

Hi James I have the same problen with my stepnose. My trunk lid would pop open with no problem with the new replacement weatherstrip, but the lid sat proud of where it should. Now that I have replaced the weatherstrip with a regular foam material, it does not " pop" open. Hopefully there will be a new and improved weatherstrip availible soon...... eh Pat;)
Brian

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mine does this from time to time. It will go months without working, then months with it working. I can't find a reason behind it.

Will

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks guys. At least now I know how to address the problem. I'm guessing the right wheatherstrip is unavailable.
Cheers, James.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
The right one is available. But it seems none of the suppliers know which, so they send random choices. I've had three sets, one of which worked right.

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts