Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Honest question, when doing a high power build like this with a TSpark. Why did you choose DCOE45s over an ITB setup? From an economics point of view, ITB fuel injection is not that much more expensive than good, well set up DCOEs.

I know there is no "right" answer to this.....DCOEs are fantastic - tried and true, they sound great, etc. "Analog". I totally get it. I'm honestly curious. If I were ever to through a huge pile of money at an engine build, I'd be hard pressed to make the decision of which way to go.

The build looks amazing. Keep us posted!
To me its like getting a 275 gtb or 365 gtb4, and lets say theres a way to change it to fuel injection to run more hp, would you? It's all preference but to me, DCOEs is a big part of the alfa driving experience. They sound so different to ITBs as well.
@Baldanzi Im going to be doing a similar build, but am using ITBs... It certainly wont look as good as the Webers!

@nikkosalgado Can you share your specific setup? Pistons, cams, any headwork, etc?
All engine parts used is in the youtube video I posted. Lightened flywheel as well.

Some ITBs can look good... Jenvey Heritage. I can dream.......

OP: sorry - No more thread hijacking :)
View attachment 1718897
All good. these look great, but dont sound nearly as good in my opinion. Idk as time goes by, when purchasing cars for me, sound is more of a factor than high hp/performance. To me the ITB TS cars sound completely modern already. They sound just like a miata on ITBs or a k20 on ITBS.

The later binnacle is pretty different but I can't say for sure if early stuff will fit or not. But my guess would be not.
Andrew
...But if he could find the binnacle too - isn't that interchangeable? Might be easier that way - just replace the whole binnacle

There are a few options there...
The gauges will not fit in the TI binnacle as they are much too large for the openings. The complete super binnacle will fit the dash but you will either have to adapt (cut out) your upper dash pad, or find a dash pad that goes with the super binnacle. GT gauges can be fitted into the TI binnacle but you have to enlarge the openings for the speedo and tach. See attached picture...
If I had to do it again, I would install the whole super binnacle as it is definately a lot less work.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Plant

Reactions: 2mAn
Discussion starter · #53 ·
There are a few options there...
The gauges will not fit in the TI binnacle as they are much too large for the openings. The complete super binnacle will fit the dash but you will either have to adapt (cut out) your upper dash pad, or find a dash pad that goes with the supper binnacle. GT gauges can be fitted into the TI binnacle but you have to open up the openings for the speedo and tach. See attached picture...
If I had to do it again, I would install the whole super binnacle as it is definately a lot less work. View attachment 1724806
thank you so much for the response. your cluster setup looks great! im looking for something similar. I wonder if anyone has put a later binnacle in an early ti. would love to see photos.

also, wish someone made custom gauge faces to refresh the look of the gauges - to change the color instead of just black. Also some type of gauge rings that snap in or glue in. would change the look drastically.

I wonder if anyone has put a later binnacle in an early ti.
What do you consider an early Ti?

In your case the newer binnacle would be a one to one fit, you just need the upper dash pad along with the binnacle and gauges. The dashes are otherwise the same. The binnacle and the pad can be removed with the dash in place but it is a royal PITA if you do not have years of yoga experience and three hands.
As to the colour of the facias - Nouva gauges have dark blue facias and are probably the easiest to find used. (at least here in europe)

Reactions: Capp
41 - 60 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.