Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

Registered
1967 GTV and 1968 Giulia Super - Bollino D'Oro
Good stuff going on for sure...I am in the same boat as you and others. First vintage alfa owner with a fresh suspension upgrade. So fun to drive!!

Premium Member
Very delayed update on the build. Feel free to subscribe to the channel as I鈥檒l be posting much more frequently! Stoked for this. Thanks!

Dream Engine Build Reveal - Twin Spark | Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300TI
haha Nice!! Cant wait to see the video. Was curious why you were so quiet for a while now

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This quickly turned into a $50k project LOL
hahaha at 61 as of now. after everything installed and buttoned up, maybe 67ish? Not bad for having 80% of an Alfaholics GTA-R for 25% of the price 馃し鈥嶁檪锔廼dk

I just dont want to wait 20 years to do a dream build ya know? Lifes too short. Now I need to find a money tree 馃槀.

An air intake headlamp?
I will be modifying a velocity stack behind the inner mesh hole, not the outer headlight, even though its a perfect fit lol.

Very, very nice project, congrats ! can we have some details about the engine ?
thank you for the kind words! final numbers are 184.4hp/165.7lb-ft

heres the numbers from the dyno day

Font Publication Pattern Newsprint Paper

Font Material property Receipt Number Paper

Premium Member
1973 Guilia Super 1.3 | 1750 Engine with Weber DCOE 40 Tipo 32
Honest question, when doing a high power build like this with a TSpark. Why did you choose DCOE45s over an ITB setup? From an economics point of view, ITB fuel injection is not that much more expensive than good, well set up DCOEs.

I know there is no "right" answer to this.....DCOEs are fantastic - tried and true, they sound great, etc. "Analog". I totally get it. I'm honestly curious. If I were ever to through a huge pile of money at an engine build, I'd be hard pressed to make the decision of which way to go.

The build looks amazing. Keep us posted!

21 - 40 of 84 Posts