Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1970 Giulia Twin Spark Restomod

18K views 106 replies 30 participants last post by  lpalmer 
#1 ·
Hey fellow salooners!

I'm so excited to start this project. I acquired this 1300 TI on Bring A Trailer recently.

Hope you guys enjoy the video. I am going to be on this forum so much learning from you guys.

#5 ·
Great video...my ‘71 Super is on its way!...I’ll be watching for updates with interest. I saw that one on BAT awhile ago...looks very nice. Will you be losing the fridge/picnic set-up? Although clever, seems quite unnecessary (and heavy) unless conducting winery tours. I guess it’s not what you have in mind for this car.😉

Attachments

#6 ·
Congratulations, welcome, and as said before, Alfa’s are addictive! Though not my first, I won the auction for my Berlina on BAT on Dec 31, 2019. Pretty much the only Alfa I drove this whole year!
What are your plans for your TI? It looks pretty much perfect!
Just remember what ALFA stands for - Always Looking For Another

#9 ·
Congratulations!!!
What you say is true, at first glance it looks like a lunch box on wheels but the longer you look at a Giulia, the more you realize what a fantastic work of design art this quirky little 4 door sedan really is. In the last 26 years I have only been without a Giulia once for 4 months and those 4 months were just plain hell, empty and caused anxiety. And, after 26 years of Giulia gazing, its still the same as it was when I got my first one and just walked around it and looked, and looked, and looked at it until my wife came into the garage at 3:30 in the morning and asked me if I was alright...
Enjoy!!!

#14 ·
Hey Nikko! We met at the Fuelfed events. Very glad you are on the forum, and it will be fun to watch your progress on this very cool Giulia. Hope we can do some drives together next year. If I can assist with anything don't hesitate to message me.
Bill

#17 ·
What suspension set up is that?

I just put in all new lemforder tie rod ends today and had the car aligned..... totally transformed the car. Wish I had done it sooner!!!
Ball joints and bushings are next, maybe springs at same time. Already have Koni yellows on ( awesome).

#20 ·
alfaholics stage 2 suspension kit

Wow, that's a real change in focus. Will the picnic table and fridge be banished from the trunk?
I'll be keeping the table but not the fridge I dont think.

Congrats! I was eyeballing that Giulia when it was on BAT!
thank you!

Also, does anyone know if theres a mounting bracket out there so I can mount these wilwoods on my TI? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.